cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon Cell Service at Grand Canyon Trailer Village?

runeatcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Hello there! Anyone have recent experience using Verizon at Grand Canyon Trailer Village RV Park? I don't see any recent Verizon reviews on Campendium. I found a TripAdvisor post from several years ago indicating that Verizon had bought the tower there and therefore Verizon customers had the best experience, but I'm looking for first hand recent experience if anyone has any.

I know some of you will be itching to tell me to turn my phone off at Grand Canyon and experience nature. Thank you, your opinion is noted! Cell phone service or no go.
2018 Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel 28BH
2019 Ford F-350 SD 6.7 L
10 REPLIES 10

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
My experience was not the same as noted above with Verizon. I was in the middle of the park, Row G, on the end near the permanent residences and the Verizon service was spotty -- sometimes had service, other times, none. Found the same to be true throughout the South Rim area of GCNP.

This was in contrast to the North Rim CG where I had excellent service, as there was a Verizon tower very near the CG.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

runeatcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Great news, thanks for those posting about their Verizon service. I feel a little more confident booking there.
2019 Ford F-350 SD 6.7 L

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
We had no issues with Verizon at Trailer Village a few years ago.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Call the park and ask. That's what I usually do.

runeatcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the help!
2019 Ford F-350 SD 6.7 L

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry, we were there in '15 don't even recall turning the phone on. :h
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Desert View - had hit and miss. Village we got phone, data, text, hotspot. Don't know if Village has WIFI itself because we only use our own hotspot when traveling, never CG WIFI.

Wife is Verizon, Mine is T-Mobile ... both active in Village ... other areas around GrdCyn were hit and miss. Don't know about streaming, as we do not...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

runeatcamp
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
I was up there a few years and my Verizon phone worked just fine.

Thanks! Phone, texting, and data? Any streaming usage?

monkey44 wrote:
We were there in May ... cell service no issue in Village. We camped in an outlying CG, and had iffy, touch and go. But we were always able to find access when we needed it, and used our hotspot with no problems.

Thanks! Same question: phone, texting, and data? Any streaming usage? And just curious: what outlying campground had iffy touch and go service?
2019 Ford F-350 SD 6.7 L

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We were there in May ... cell service no issue in Village. We camped in an outlying CG, and had iffy, touch and go. But we were always able to find access when we needed it, and used our hotspot with no problems.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I was up there a few years and my Verizon phone worked just fine.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE