cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mooresville, NC to Longs, SC

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! We are fairly new to camping. This will be our 3rd summer. Coming from Upstate NY, that is practically still a Newbie! We made the trip with our 5th wheel down from Syracuse to our new home in NC. Easy trip! I81 to I77...straight run.

We are doing our first trip of the season on Saturday. Heading to Longs, SC from Mooresville, NC. Google maps is showing:

Follow I-77 S, I-485 N/I-485 Inner N and Monroe Expy/U.S. 74 Bypass Rd to US-74 E in Marshville

Continue on I-74 E. Take US-74 E to NC-130 E/NC-410 S in Columbus County. Take the exit toward Chadbourn from US-74 E

Continue on NC-410 S

Are any of you familiar with these roads?? We only know I77. I just want to make sure we don't come across any small roads. I still get a bit anxious when I'm unfamiliar with the roads ahead, low underpasses, while pulling the fifth wheel.

Thanks for any input 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
teegee1025 wrote:
sgfrye wrote:
welcome to nc and year round rv'ing. as you already know im sure traffic anywhere around charlotte can be a PITA any day of the week but not terrible.

from charlotte the hwy 74 route is easy driving and as other poster mentioned if you are headed to willowtree resort you will like it.

wife and i have stayed there once, this past january. large sites and very well maintained. short drive to north myrtle and myrtle beach.

enjoy

My neighbor told me about taking NC-218 from I485 to US74. He does not pull a trailer. Are you familiar with NC-218?

Thanks!

I am not.. we live about an hour south of Raleigh. looking on google maps that looks like a good option though.

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:
welcome to nc and year round rv'ing. as you already know im sure traffic anywhere around charlotte can be a PITA any day of the week but not terrible.

from charlotte the hwy 74 route is easy driving and as other poster mentioned if you are headed to willowtree resort you will like it.

wife and i have stayed there once, this past january. large sites and very well maintained. short drive to north myrtle and myrtle beach.

enjoy

My neighbor told me about taking NC-218 from I485 to US74. He does not pull a trailer. Are you familiar with NC-218?

Thanks!

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:

enjoy

Thank you!!! Yes, driving around Charlotte is quite annoying but we'll be on vacation so no rush 🙂

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer

enjoy

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
dpgllg wrote:
Hello,

I can only speak from I -74 in Rockingham but the route from there is a good one and I have taken it many times.

You will get off 410 and onto US 701 before Tabor City. Take the 701 bypass around Tabor City. 701 will take you to route 9 and right into Longs.

If your headed to Longs then I guess your heading to Willowtree Resort. This is our favorite place to stay! Have fun!

Dave

Thank you and yes!!! That is where we are heading. I appreciate your help 🙂

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I can only speak from I -74 in Rockingham but the route from there is a good one and I have taken it many times.

You will get off 410 and onto US 701 before Tabor City. Take the 701 bypass around Tabor City. 701 will take you to route 9 and right into Longs.

If your headed to Longs then I guess your heading to Willowtree Resort. This is our favorite place to stay! Have fun!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle