cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
We just agreed to a price on a Grand Design 2150RB. We have seen the TT once, this past Saturday. Today over e-mails we have come to an agreement on price. We gave them a $1000 on a CC fully refundable deposit to hold the unit. We wished go back to climb thru it one more time, to make sure we are still good with our decision? They have sent me an e-document to sign, A Buyers Order. . Do I would to sign this and return in an e-mail? Or is this a document I should only sign after we have finished the final walk thru? My first time with a dealer. I wish not give them an up hand. Though I good with a level playing field. Do I sign or wait, until Delivery?
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.
7 REPLIES 7

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you gave them 1k to hold the rv thats enough. and I agree if its from CW run don,t walk away.don,t you read all the horror stories on here?

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
i would not sign anything until you do a complete final walk thru.. if you are comfortable getting on roof do that also.

last fall when we bought our current TT i noticed another brand new 2019 TT with a 2 inch gap of caulking missing on rear roof corner as we were walking thru the lot

it had been raining like crazy for several days prior to me seeing it.. who knows how long it had been on lot. i pointed out to our sales man that they might want to check it out

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
A deposit is security on a contract. Without a contract the deposit is meaningless.

Of course I haven't seen the contract you are being asked to sign. Be aware that once you sign it is an agreement on purchase price and an obligation to buy.

I think that possession is required for the contract to be complete and the customer to take ownership.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn't sign it.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
A deposit is security on a contract. Without a contract the deposit is meaningless.

Of course I haven't seen the contract you are being asked to sign. Be aware that once you sign it is an agreement on purchase price and an obligation to buy.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would not sign anything until you walk thru again.
If this is a Camping World dealer I would never sign and run away.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
What does the Buyers Order say?