Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
WTW

Lakeland

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just agreed to a price on a Grand Design 2150RB. We have seen the TT once, this past Saturday. Today over e-mails we have come to an agreement on price. We gave them a $1000 on a CC fully refundable deposit to hold the unit. We wished go back to climb thru it one more time, to make sure we are still good with our decision? They have sent me an e-document to sign, A Buyers Order. . Do I would to sign this and return in an e-mail? Or is this a document I should only sign after we have finished the final walk thru? My first time with a dealer. I wish not give them an up hand. Though I good with a level playing field. Do I sign or wait, until Delivery?

Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don’t sign nuttin’ until you are sure.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sign only when you are done with the walk through and it will be the same unit you've inspected and accepted.

WTW

Lakeland

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, funny you say to make sure it is th same unit. I did match the stock no. To make sure buyer order matched. I was thinking I should hold off on providing them with signatures. Thanks again.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WTW wrote:

Thanks, funny you say to make sure it is th same unit. I did match the stock no. To make sure buyer order matched. I was thinking I should hold off on providing them with signatures. Thanks again.

That's not the problem. It's those features and accessories you thought are standard when you walked into the showroom and then became optional add-ons when you are about to take home your unit.

WTW

Lakeland

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ouch, 10 4

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also be aware of that $1000 dealer prep fee that they will sneak in when you are ready to pick it up

Guy

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never signed for any RV before I did my walk thru. 3 different dealers and they all said sign after PDI. To me thats the sign of an upfront sorta honest dealer. Those that want you to pay before you finalize the walk thru are the dealers to stay away from.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is that an out the door price? You need to know the bottom line without any surprises.
Agree with others: Don’t sign or agree to anything else until you have had a PDI and have spent more time in the unit.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you feel you must sign, always write something with your sig like "pending final inspection by buyer".

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS