cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intro

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
I've posted a few questions and received valuable help and information so I thought I would do a proper intro.

House is for sale as of today, both cars up for sale, most of our stuff is in storage and we're headed out for what will probably be six months or so. The plan was to move to Florida (like the other old folks 🙂 ) but we had a very tough time finding the right property. So, we bought the RV and decided to just take our sweet time and have some fun in the process.

I work from home and travel occasionally so as long as we're not too far from an airport I can still do my job.

We previously had a 2001 Expedition for several years so not brand new to this but still a rookie.

We have made one trip for two nights and are headed out for the 4th so we're working out the kinks before we head out for good.

Thanks for the help we've received so far, great community on here and I look forward to contributing when I can.
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z
7 REPLIES 7

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Try Texas instead of Florida. There is an old sayings: I was born in Texas or I got here as fast as I could.":)
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
But. . . I am mildly concerned when people sell off appreciating assets (homes) for depreciating assets (MH's)?

There comes a time in your life when appreciating assets only benefit your beneficiaries. Having a few hundred thousand dollars tied up in accumulated stuff becomes pointless.

Getting back into the housing market is easy when the next stop is assisted living.

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
We will be trailering our car for now until we can get a suitable toad.

I remember taking a wrong turn in Newport R,I. and finding ourselves driving down Thames St. The tourists and locals were not too happy and I was embarrassed as that skinny shop lined street is not intended for a 37’ DP with a toad.

Love the adventure though!!
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Timothy2001 I hope you have a toad to sight see and run to the store, going shopping in an A can be one hell of a chalenge, specially in some of the older colonial towns and cities, narrow streets and tight corners, but of course you know that, I see TX & NY so just a thought.

navegator

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
You are certainly going boldly forward, and you must be looking forward to your new life.

But. . . I am mildly concerned when people sell off appreciating assets (homes) for depreciating assets (MH's)? It's hard to get back into the market (home ownership) if some unanticipated events occur and the full-time life-style no longer works.

Great point Ron. We’ve still got a condo in NY and are parking the proceeds from this house for when we house hunt in ernest early next year.
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Money invested from a home sale may be a wise move. Money invested in an RV isn’t IMO. If I was choosing who to terminate nowadays, it would be the nameless, faceless people who worked at home. As the commercial says, “Dream job, working from home...” Baloney.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
You are certainly going boldly forward, and you must be looking forward to your new life.

But. . . I am mildly concerned when people sell off appreciating assets (homes) for depreciating assets (MH's)? It's hard to get back into the market (home ownership) if some unanticipated events occur and the full-time life-style no longer works.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L