Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Nightmare experience with RV service center
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Nightmare experience with RV service center

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
JohnHoward28

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 2002 Minnie Winnie. The RV is in good shape, but it had a few issues I wanted to get repaired before hitting the road with it. On May 25th, I took it into a local Camping World Service center.

When I dropped it off, I told the Rep there were three things I wanted "Estimates" on to repair.

1. The generator was not running smoothly.
2. The laminate was coming detached on the front coroner of driver side cab-over sleeper.
3. Vent control on the front cab AC was not working and was stuck on defrost.

The sales rep asked me if they were authorized to do the repairs and I said NO. I wanted "Estimates" on what these repairs would cost.

I waited three weeks before calling. When I called in, I could never get a hold of the Rep I dropped the RV off with, and no one in the whole center could tell me anything about my RV. When I finally got a hold o the Rep he told me that,

"The generator is not running right and needs repair, there was some minor delaminating on the driver side cab-over sleeper, and that the vent control on the Cab AC was stuck on defrost."

I told him I knew that. What I wanted to know as, how much was it going to cost to get these things repaired? He said he was going to get back in touch with his technician and he would get back with me. A week went by and I heard nothing. On june 28th, I went down to the center in person and waited for the Rep. I asked him if he had any prices for me. He said he would "Have to speak with his technician and get back with me in a week."

At this point, I said, "Just forget it. It has been a month since I dropped it off and you can't even give me a single price for any repairs. I will just do the repairs myself. All I need you to do is perform a State Inspection on it so I can get it registered in my name." The Rep said he could do that, so I left the RV there and waited for the call that it was done.

About 2:00 pm that day, I got a call from the Rep who told me that the RV had FAILED inspection because the windshield wipers did not work. I said, "That is funny. I drove the RV through a rainstorm on my way home on May 24th and even put new wiper blades on it less than 12 hours before I dropped it off at the center. I also, told him that I had actually taken a video of them working during the storm (which, by chance, I had rally done). The Rep said he would Have to talk to his technician about it.

An hour later he called me again and said that they had found the reason the wiper did not work. It was because......wait for it........ "The chassis BATTERY WAS DEAD". I said, "If the battery is dead, how did they do and INSPECTION on the RV?" The reps response was, "You don't need a chassis battery to do a State Inspection". I KID YOU NOT!

I said, "You absolutely need a battery to do a State Inspection. You cannot do one without one. And besides that, it is absolutely impossible to even test the wipers without turning the key on. Do you even realize what you were insulting when you said this? You are saying that this person that you keep referring to as a "TECHNICIAN" is so dumb, that he tried to operate the wipers without turning the ignition key to the on position, and then ruled them as defective because they did not work.

At this point, I knew I was dealing with a shyster. I said. "I forbid you to touch one more thing on my RV. By your own irrational statements you have proven that you are completely incompetent and dishonest. I have lost complete and utter confidence in this Camping World service center and I am coming to pick my RV up right now!"

Then this rep told me that I owed them $600 in repair service. I said, "FOR WHAT!" "Diagnostic fees" was his answer. He said they had diagnosed the generator, the delamination, and the vent control. I said, "You did not diagnose those things. I TOLD YOU THEY WERE IN NEED OF REPAIRS WHEN I DROPPED IT OF!!!. I brought it to you to get "ESTIMATES" on what it would cost to repair those issues; WHICH YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN ME ONE SINGLE PRICE FOR AFTER A WHOLE MONTH!"

I drove straight up to the center, but the rep was nowhere to be found when I got there. Before I went in, I located my RV on the lot and found it buried at the very back of the lot behind five rows of stored RVs, completely blocked in a place where it was impossible to move and where I believe it has sat the whole time it was there. When I went in, I was directed to the cashier to pay to get my keys. When the lady presented me with the $600 bill, I asked her what it was for. She said it was for diagnostics. I told her that I had brought the RV for estimates for repairs, but had never received those. She just looked at me and said, "That will be $600 dollars." I said, "Let me get this straight. I brought my RV here, you guys stored it for a month and are now returning it to me in the exact same shape I dropped it off in. You have done not one single thing for me, and are now charging me 600 dollars to get my keys back. Are you comfortable with the level of customer service you have rendered to me?"

She responded very confidently, I am very comfortable with the level of service we have given you. As soon as you pay, I will have the guys get your RV out of storage."

Essentially, they held my RV hostage until I paid them $600 for absolutely nothing. Not only that, the chassis battery was totally fine when I dropped it off, but it was completely ruined when I picked it up, so I had to spend an additional $160 to replace that. When I was at the auto parts store buying the new battery, I told the guys there to never take their RV to Camping World and the whole staff that was in earshot started laughing. They said, "OMG! You did not take your RV to them, did you? They are absolute garbage!".

So, here I am, one month into summer, and $650 in the whole and still have these repairs to do myself; because no way on God's Green Earth will I ever take another RV to another Camping World service center.

There is no universe in which this kind of service should be acceptable. When I deal with a Mom and Pop store, I expect "Personal" service, even if it is not very professional. When dealing with a multi-billion dollar national company, I expect "Professional" service, even it is not personal. I got neither from this Camping World service center. I got ripped off by a bunch of incompetent shysters that claim that you can do a State Inspection without a battery or even moving the RV, and that have no problem charging customers hundreds of dollars for absolutely nothing.

Since this center is known to be really bad by the local people, it makes me wonder how closely Camping World regulates their franchise owners. So this reflects badly on the National corporation as well.

USAFBILL

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to post this in the Good Sam forum so that Ella can jump right on it and investigate all of this. Probably won't do any good except to spread the world about how BAD Camping World operations have sunk.,

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now you can see why the CEO's show is called "The Profit"

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 07:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Normal Camping World service!

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry John, ignorance is not bliss.

None of those problems are problems I would ever take to any RV service center.

Many RV service centers aren’t great at diags and repair of chassis issues. Or coach repair either.

They address maintenance items.

They big pro of a class C is getting cab and drive train issues fixed by a decent shade tree or even a truck center. It’s a van.

Few do roofs, frame repair, etc.

It sucks that their communication was so poor but they aren’t set up to deal with those problems and aren’t trained well enough to say NO.

RVs are complicated. No cake walk.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

JohnHoward28

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Ten times out of ten these seem to be the first post by a new member. Probably won't be back or spend much time here.

Well, where else are new members supposed to go to get the word out about the horrible rip off service they got from a Camping World location? Whether we come back, might depend on how the members here respond to us. Remember. We are the victims here.

I came here because I was looking for a place to tell this story. I want the word to get out. Why? Because gone are the days that huge corporations can step on the little guy who has no voice. I have not yet begun to get even. I will not stop leaving bad reviews until there is not one single review place on the World Wide Web that is left to leave a review about how bad their service was.

Plus, I wore a hidden camera with an ultra-sensitive microphone when I went in and recorded several very revealing conversations from the staff, which I may post anonymously around the web as well. $600 will seem like nothing by the time I am done with them.

They screwed with the wrong consumer. I may not get my $600 back, but I will cost Camping Wolrd untold amounts of money before this is over with. You cannot step on me and think that I have no voice. The Internet is a powerful weapon, and I know exactly how to wield it. I will teach Camping World the same lesson I taught Sams Club when they screwed me and then laughed at when I told them that I was going to get even. The Vice President of Somes Club was not laughing when he called me personally and begged me to stop and overnighted me a check for the full amount. When Camping World calls me I will tell them the same thing I told the VP of Sam's Club.

"I did this to teach you a lesson. You can no longer step on the little guy just because you are a big corporation. We have a voice now, it is called the internet and you need to learn that in the right hands, one little guy with a computer can cost you millions." I then gave the VP of Sam's the name of the sales rep that laughed at me when I told him point blank exactly what I was going to and made him record the conversation so that when his superiors contacted me, they would know that he had a chance to do the right thing, but choose to not listen to the customer because he thought the customer was powerless to do anything to Sam's Club. I will do that same thing with the people at this CW service center, along with the recording of the cashier saying that she was comfortable with the level of service that they gave me, and the secret recording of the other employees talking about how bad the rep I was dealing with is and how they hate his F*%$#ing guts.

In the words of John Paul Jones, "I have not yet begun to fight". This post is just a shot across the bow. A warning of things to come. To those that have ears, they had better listen. Retribution is coming and his name is "John Howard".

Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 07:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prime time for rush RV repairs everywhere but you wanted estimates...no repairs now. I’d move to paying customers too. Think back to your business or employment. Bet you would do the same. You are not a “customer!” You wanted an estimate. Go elsewhere.

“Retribution is coming and his name is "John Howard". That’s silly.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

760*

pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so sorry for you experance cw not noted for its good service. the best you can do is warn others to be ware and again so sorry for your money lose.

DREAMER ">

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JohnHoward28,

Thank you for your time and posting. I would like to review this matter with our leadership team. Are you able to provide the Camping World location?

Thank you,

Mark

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Nightmare experience with RV service center
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.