Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Nightmare experience with RV service center
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Nightmare experience with RV service center

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/19 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wouldn't buy anything from Camping World and not defending them but an "estimate" requires a diagnosis as to the problem. That means man hours to do which is a cost to them.

I believe that you did receive poor service, lack of communication and a number of issues, and over charged for that diagnosis or lack of one. Seems to be the way of doing business for them these days.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

SusanDallas

Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/19 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you charged the $600 to a credit card or debit card with a MasterCard or Visa logo. You can dispute the charge and most likely get all your money back.

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/19 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charlie D. wrote:

...an "estimate" requires a diagnosis as to the problem. That means man hours to do which is a cost to them.

The OP told CW what was wrong with his unit. He just needed to know the cost of repairs.

Tim Nowicki

Alden NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like I have said so many times I WOULD'NT LET CAMPING WORLD DUMP MY TANKS!
nuff said

Tim

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/19 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gemsworld wrote:

Charlie D. wrote:

...an "estimate" requires a diagnosis as to the problem. That means man hours to do which is a cost to them.

The OP told CW what was wrong with his unit. He just needed to know the cost of repairs.

Yes he did but don't you think they would have to do some inspection? The generator "is not running smoothly". What does that mean? Cranking it up and listening to it doesn't tell you anything. Water in fuel, bad spark plug,gummed up? Maybe removing a few screws from the dash, looking under it to see how linkage, wiring is run to determine what it will take to remove and replace?

I suspect that from the OP's post they did little of that and actually did more harm? Regardless, $600.00, IMO, is a crime and robbery.[emoticon]

Chiefcpo

Huntsville, Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, I agree with you after being in business for 37years I charged a fee to diag, the unit but that went toward the repair, KNOWING they are customers and have money to spend.
On the other hand for the others I DID NOT CHARGE for work not done.
Alabama Heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, Natural & LP gas, and the new duct air test, all certified and lic, to do state city county. DAV100% anf with H/C's
A liar is a thief and a thief is a liar. NUFF SAID.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every time I read about one of these CW fiascos on this forum, I invariably see a comment from "Good Sam Care Team", asking to talk with the OP, supposedly to clear up the problem. We never hear any more about it, but CW service never gets any better. Which leads me to believe they make no effort to improve their service, but rather to attempt to quiet anyone who complains. And despite the number of horrific service issues we read about, people still patronize CW service. I stand amazed.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't understand why someone reading this would want to criticize you for warning others. If what you told us was accurate, and I was robbed of $600 like you, I only hope that I would have the guts to do what you did.

tobydad

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 05:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any consumer should get a written estimate before any work is done on your home, car, or motorhome. If they charge for diagnostics that charge should be in writing before any diagnosing is done. Getting several estimates before work is done is common sense. Then you can choose which company is to do the work. Getting scammed apparently is part of life lately and getting back at the scammer is, I think, the correct thing to do.

jungleexplorer

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 07:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey John. I am sorry to hear this happened to you. I do all my own repairs for this very reason. I have been ripped off so many times by mechanics shops. You would think that taking something to a huge corporation would result in very professional service. But today, professionalism is almost non-existent in any industry. Societally speaking, it is almost like non-professionalism is the goal. I think it goes right back down to the personal level.

For example. I bet you are a shirt tucker, right? Me too. I just can't stand to not wear a belt and not have my shirt tucked in. I re-tuck my shirt a hundred times a day, even at home. Why is this? It is because we grew up in an era when personal appearance was a sign of professionalism. We were rigidly taught to be organized, prim and proper in our own personal life from childhood. Basically, we were taught to adhere to personal standards of professionalism. These standards that we were taught were standards the large majority of the American society also adhered to, and expected everyone else to abide by. So, when we grew up, we carried these personal standards of professionalism over into our professional career lives.

Unfortunately today, people in the workplace were not taught any kind of personal standards of professionalism like you and me. So, they have none in their professional careers either. Even pastors of churches preach from the pulpit with their shirts untucked and sleeves unbuttoned. And it is not by chance that they do this; it is by design. Watch this video to understand what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giM04ESUiGw

This modern society almost worships personal laxness and lack of any kind of standards to which people are held. If anyone dares to try to raise bar of acceptability these days, they get viciously attack and shouted down by a mob of people who don't want any kind of personal standards they have to live UP to in order to be accepted. They want to bury the bar of acceptability below the ground so that everyone is accepted. Okay, that is fine, but here is the result; if you have no standards of professionalism in your personal life, you won't have any in your professional life either. What is that old saying? "If your not faithful in the little things, you won't be faithful with the big things either."

So, here is my point John. Give it to them John! There is no excuse for how they treated you. They may not have any standards of professionalism, but you and I do. It does not matter that this modern generation does not want to be held to any kind of standard, hold them to yours anyway. Maybe one day when our country collapses as a result of this lack of personal moral standards, they will realize, that having no personal standards of morality, effects everything else in life.

1999 Minnie Winnie WF322R

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Nightmare experience with RV service center
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS