Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Front bedroom height?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Front bedroom height?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
memilanuk

Dry side of the Cascades

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

In the video on their web site for the 27-5L the guy doing the walk through says he's 6'2" when he standing in the shower. In the bedroom it looks like 6'4" would just touch right at the front shirt wards. FWIW

Anyway are you looking new or used?

Ah. Hadn't seen that part.

Most likely shopping used, especially if it's a higher-end unit like Artic Fox.

Not excited about going truck shopping again any time soon. Got this one last year, after a *lot* of looking, and like pretty much everything about it. If getting a 27-5L means I have to get a new truck... then I'm probably not getting a 27-5L real soon.

WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the "FWIW" category...
I'm 6'-3" and I can stand straight up in the front bedroom of our Grand Design 290BH. I have about 6" of headroom at the foot of the bed, but when I stand on the raised platform, that's also where the roof line starts to curve downward...which means I can't stand up straight. According to the manufacturer's literature, my unit has a height of 12'.

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Goostoff

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 10:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 6'1" and in my Cedar Creek I have about 8 to 10 inches of headroom. If I go downstairs in the living room area I have to stand on a chair to reach the A/C filter

1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

memilanuk

Dry side of the Cascades

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goostoff wrote:

I am 6'1" and in my Cedar Creek I have about 8 to 10 inches of headroom.

What size (length) is your Cedar Creek? Do they make a short (<~30') 'mid height' model?

jrs1871

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the shortest Cedar Creeks are the 29 IK or RE. But the actual length is closer to 33 ft. I am 6'6" and have plenty of headroom in the bedroom area of our 30RL (no longer in production). The only place I run into a problem is the shower but with the skylight directly over the shower, I manage.

memilanuk

Dry side of the Cascades

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did a little browsing around the Cedar Creek floor plans after that last post. Very interesting layout - I actually like it a lot, at least from what I see online. The wife is kind of fixated on the <30' aspect due to some tight spots we found ourselves in last season with a 31' TT. Personally, being what I like to refer to as a 'full-sized adult', I prefer a little extra room [emoticon]

Unfortunately, it looks like the CC models, like the AF 27-5L, would necessitate a new(er) truck - which would in turn push off getting a new trailer a few years. Hence our interest in sticking with the smaller (and generally lighter) 'mid-height' models for now.

* This post was edited 07/15/19 06:52am by memilanuk *

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What tow vehicle do you have?

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI, I just measured the ceiling height on my 2018 27-5L and at the outside edge of the bedroom door it is six feet four and one half inches. You can't walk that close to the outside, since the door frame is there, and these have an arched ceiling so it is taller towards the middle. These also have a flat floor from the bathroom to the bedroom so no steps to deal with in the middle of the night.

Oh yeah, this is one of the only companies to have the bathroom doors work the correct direction so you don't have to balance on the edge of the stairs to get into the bathroom, or darn near walk into the bedroom to get into the bathroom. I talked to a factory engineer at an rv show and told him they screwed that up, and he said they had the door open out so you could have privacy when you were leaving the shower to go to the bedroom. That made sense, but we have never taken a shower when we had company, and we can just use the door to the bedroom if that were an issue.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
1992 S&S 11.5 TC

memilanuk

Dry side of the Cascades

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

'12 F250 CCSB 4wd FX4 6.2l gas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Front bedroom height?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS