cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handrail and Ceiling Light

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
We added a handrail, principally to keep balance up and down the stairs to the bath and bed room. Thankfully there was two inch deep blocking in the areas I needed for attachment. You cannot tell from the photos, but the rear/under side of the rail has rubberized "gription" panels for enhanced grip.

The ceiling light replaced the mini-chandelier style fixture. (We are gradually trying to move away from the "Aunt Murgatroyd's Bordello and Funeral Parlor School of Decor" look, into something more contemporary.) This light:

• was $10
  • all LED
  • considerably brighter than the previous
  • covers the 1" hole from the existing light
  • does not jump out and whack my head
  • has a small blue night light that is also the touch button for on/off

2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW
8 REPLIES 8

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
Would you have a link to the dining light?

Also, we have a 2016 27-5L which I recently relocated the light switch thatโ€™s under the upper cabinet controlling the two lights above the sofa (big improvement in being able to ready it). If you arenโ€™t on the NROA Site where I posted it let me know, Iโ€™ll send you info if interested

Here is the the link to the light.

When I ordered it the price was $10, and it specified a standard on/off switch. what they sent was the one with the electronic touch switch. I had opted for the regular switch because I wanted to stay with simple tech. now that i have used the touch switch, I do like it as well as the night light it provides.

We removed the dinette table and chairs and all we have on the slideout is two recliners and an end table, so this light fills in the lighting "gap" where the chandelier was, and covers the hole. I am also considering replacing the existing casket illumination wall fixture with something more contemporary:W

Thanks for the offer on the switching; I will probably leave it as is for now.

What I would really like is a plug and play replacement for the Rock Cod Anchor that NW installs (IRV Audio system). Nothing super special, just a regular modern technology audio system from a contemporary manufacturer. The IRV is like something that you get by going to a Time Share presentation.

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:
pismopete wrote:
Where did you find it, I would like to order one?

It is the Moen R8716D1GBN Angled Grab Bar, 16 inch, in Brushed Nickel.

I found the best price on Amazon, and if you have good blocking in the wall, it installs in 5 +/_ minutes.

Thank you, Amazon here we come.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Would you have a link to the dining light?

Also, we have a 2016 27-5L which I recently relocated the light switch thatโ€™s under the upper cabinet controlling the two lights above the sofa (big improvement in being able to ready it). If you arenโ€™t on the NROA Site where I posted it let me know, Iโ€™ll send you info if interested
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
pismopete wrote:
Where did you find it, I would like to order one?

It is the Moen R8716D1GBN Angled Grab Bar, 16 inch, in Brushed Nickel.

I found the best price on Amazon, and if you have good blocking in the wall, it installs in 5 +/_ minutes.

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Planning, my wife and I are looking for a handrail to install and yours looks like what we need. Where did you find it, I would like to order one? Thank you and Happy Camping.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good work.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like that description of the typical RV decor -- a cross between a bordello and a funeral home. It's funny because it's true!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice improvements/mods and a lot of extra safety.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.