cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Antiglare Visors?

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Just noticed a tv ad for an antiglare visor that clips on the the existing visor. Has anyone had experience with these? Do they work?
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
13 REPLIES 13

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Like to actually look through? A glare screen? No thanks.
Are you trying to block the glare of driving into the sun in general, or the glare off your hood?
Sun= vehicle visor, ball cap, and a good pair of glasses. If it's the hood, I'd wrap it matte color before using some as seen on tv screen to look thru.

Yeah, I suspect that the OP IS wanting to know if one of "these" polarized as seen on TV gadgets really work..

The yellow tint and polarization would drive me nuts and I would be concerned with the polarization messing with vision of some objects like LED traffic lights and LED/LCD TRAFFIC SIGNS..

I don't want ANYTHING that could possibly cause interference with seeing important traffic signs, traffic lights or heck even brake lights of the vehicle in front of me.. Polarized lenses do have the potential of blocking things that you just might find important to see.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Like to actually look through? A glare screen? No thanks.
Are you trying to block the glare of driving into the sun in general, or the glare off your hood?
Sun= vehicle visor, ball cap, and a good pair of glasses. If it's the hood, I'd wrap it matte color before using some as seen on tv screen to look thru.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Charlie D. wrote:
Gdetrailer wrote:
"As seen on TV"
A tag line that just OOOOZES "quality".. NOT.

NO NO NO But wait. You get a second one free, just pay additional postage and handling.

Ahh yess, the "hook" to "reel in" all the "fish"..

Make em feel like they got such a bargain just like the buyer stole it.

Marketing 101 folks, they do a very good job at it too, reminds me of the old west "traveling medicine shows"..

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
"As seen on TV"

NO NO NO But wait. You get a second one free, just pay additional postage and handling.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a really good glare shield, go to a pilots and aircraft store and look at what they have, a little expensive but they do the job, the over hang and hood on ower "C" are painted a flat or mate white and that reduces a lot of glare, I wanted to paint the hood flat black, wife would not have it, as some older aircraft had.

navegator

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Art Davis wrote:
Just noticed a tv ad for an antiglare visor that clips on the the existing visor. Has anyone had experience with these? Do they work?

"As seen on TV"

Back in 97 I had a truck which had a second smaller plastic visor (solid not see through) built in behind the main visor.

Allowed me to move the main visor to the side and drop the smaller visor to reduce the amount of open windshield. made a huge difference in driving by reducing the amount of glare from all the extra unneeded windshield. Most times the windshields are way too tall, allows considerably more light in at you during the day in bright sun.

Used that nearly all the time.. Wished vehicle manufacturers would add that in instead of all the techno garbage that is glitchy, doesn't work or takes your attention away from driving.

I would save your money, pretty much very little huckstered in TV infomercials works as advertised or is of any quality or value.

I would suggest just dropping the visor to cover some of the extra windshield at the top but not too much as to block overhead signal lights.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
iplante4, what are you doing driving around looking at a screen or tablet?

Waze and Copilot RV.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is the Tac Visor you are looking at don't waste your money. Over 50% of the reviews are a 1 star rating.

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
... The problem with polarized is that it may filter out the screen on the GPS or tablet.

jplante4, you are correct.

I have a 7" rear camera screen and an RVI TPMS screen that is an Android. The Android is designed with an anti-glare axis that works with polarized sun glasses when it is horizontal as RVI has you install it. The Rear camera screen however, unfortunately used a universal screen designed for vertical placement but the product must be installed horizontally. I am working with the manufacturer to correct this. All a manufacturer has to do is pick the correct anti-glare axis to use. You can see in the two photos below how it looks with my glasses turned different ways:

Polarized glasses as you wear them, Rear view bad, RVI good.

Polarized glasses turned sideways, Rear view good but RVI Android starts to look bad.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
iplante4, what are you doing driving around looking at a screen or tablet?
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Same junk marketing as the night vision glasses. Driving glasses of optical quality should help. The problem with polarized is that it may filter out the screen on the GPS or tablet.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
A good pair of polarized driving glasses may be a better choice. I used them for years while driving a delivery van. The visor does work but just a caution... Neighbor bought one and did not fold it up when he exited vehicle. The next time he got in he hit his head on it and ended up with 4 stitches.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Wife wanted one so I got it from Amazon. I don't often use it but it helps after you get used to using it and the yellow color. She doesn't like it because she said it makes everything blurry. I tried looking at it from both sides but did not have that problem. Cheap enough to try.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired