Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Length restricted rv parks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Length restricted rv parks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
rapdaddyR

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many rv parks that anyone has run across do not allow anything any bigger than 40’? Thx

2006 F-250
2008 Raptor 3612
2007 Raptor 700
2009 Razor
http://toyhaulers.atvowners.com/

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RV parks, called or advertised as such? Offhand I can't think of many, if any, that I have personally run across. Possibly the Goldrush campground in Dawson City would have to turn away such RVs due to space constraints, but I don't know that for sure and their web site makes no such statement.

Campgrounds and state parks? There it's rather more common. There are at least one or two Vermont state park campgrounds that I cannot use with my 32' motorhome (and that's ignoring those that are hike-in/walk-in only). There are quite a few more where only a small handful of the sites are suitable for larger RVs.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most newer commercial RV parks have at least some sites 40+ will fit. Although they may not always have a site available when you need it. Older RV parks and national/state//city/COE parks it is far more iffy. You can likely always find something. It just may not be where or what you would like.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have run into it a few/several times but I can't cite who they were right now.
We have stayed at some that should have been restricted, crowding out into the road.
Most are much older parks that still have not updated with hookups on the wrong sides many times. State parks use to be and COE, we have encountered when looking for possible rv parks to visit for fishing etc. All this is subject to, and has possibly changed now.
Canadian parks some are limited, with clear indications they wish those with Mhs to stay in commercial parks. A clear bias against (rich) Americans, with big Mhs aking up spaces that Canadians with smaller units still exists.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Black Rock Mountain SP (Georgia)

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m 43 feet tip to tail but with a TT articulated after the first 17 feet and there are still some campgrounds I can’t use. Therefore, no 40 foot MHs for me. I want to see or re-see this great country.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ArchHoagland

Clovis, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None that can think of. We've hit all the lower 48.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A huge percentage of the RV parks out there were built years ago before the gargantuan RVs of today were ever thought about and so they aren't able to provide the space needed for them. Any good RV directory will show the maximum length permitted but it would still be nice to call ahead if you're wanting a space before you pull in only to be disappointed.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

emiddleb

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/19 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something I've seen occasionally are parks that have SITES for my 40', but the access lanes aren't designed for it. Most noticeably, those parks where you have the long rows of sites with 180 turns at the end, but trees everywhere. Mostly happens in the state/federal parks or older parks that were designed in the 50s/60s for smaller RVs.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

dalenoel

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 04:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have not seen any parks advertise a length limitation but if you look at the site there may not be any that are empty that will fit a rig of that size. They may have one or two but you may also never be able to get one of those. There is a Michigan State Park that has 5 sites that are good for 40 foot but you would never make the turn at the end of the row if anyone else is in the park.

03 Monaco 36PBD DP - 06 Malibu Maxx Toad (SOLD) 18 Focus Toad
08 Jayco Eagle 322FKS (SOLD)
Wife and myself, Lutheran Deacon, Oreo the Malshi, and maybe a grandkid or two

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Length restricted rv parks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS