Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Length restricted rv parks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Length restricted rv parks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IN the northeast there are many older parks that have limitations on length of RV's. Same with state parks all around the country.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have run into a few length limited parks.. For example the vendor operated RV park inside the Grand Canyon National Park is length limited. So I drive through it.. WITH MY CAR and .. Well.. Yes.. I'd not wish to try to take my 38' Class A into that place. the turns are too tight.. I have been in some state parks like that as well back in my PUP days even with the PUP one of them was tight.

So now you know. it is not "Discrimination" it is turning radius.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many National Forest Service parks have limited length restrictions. If you like to boondock you will find many such restrictions.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cannot imagine owning an RV that might be too big for an RV park.
I like em under 25 feet. Then they fit almost everywhere.

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/19 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rapdaddyR wrote:

How many rv parks that anyone has run across do not allow anything any bigger than 40’? Thx

A lot! It is humorous for me to see folks with short campers answering the question and say they have not seen that problem. Also, the longer you are the more difficult to level on a slope.

Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

77rollalong

Brighton Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We camp in a lot of the provincial parks in Ontario Canada, and most sites are restricted to 18feet, even though we are 26 feet we still book as most of the time we have been there before and know what sites we will still fit into. but yes there is restrictions with length in a lot of places

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/19 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While not necessarily a restriction, finding open sites for the larger rigs can be challenging (expect for those $100/night resorts!). We are now in MI trying to find campsites and there are plenty available for 30-35 footers but finding a site for my 40' coach has not been successful in the areas we would like to visit (think beach). We were doing find until last week and now all the parks are booked for larger RV's and I may have to stay at Wal-Mart for our next stop before moving on.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like state parks and some of those can be limited. As others have said, it was the way the park was built years ago. State and federal parks seem to keep things as natural as possible and as a result it can make things tighter/smaller. That said we have never had an issue finding an alternate CG nearby if one doesn't work - but we travel mostly on the East Coast.

ArchHoagland

Clovis, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/19 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hypoxia wrote:

rapdaddyR wrote:

How many rv parks that anyone has run across do not allow anything any bigger than 40’? Thx

A lot! It is humorous for me to see folks with short campers answering the question and say they have not seen that problem. Also, the longer you are the more difficult to level on a slope.

Were those parks regular commercial RV parks with full hookups or were they government campgrounds?

I know lot's of government campgrounds limit size but I've never seen commercial RV parks that limit the size.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/19 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ArchHoagland wrote:

hypoxia wrote:

rapdaddyR wrote:

Were those parks regular commercial RV parks with full hookups or were they government campgrounds?

I know lot's of government campgrounds limit size but I've never seen commercial RV parks that limit the size.

Once we exceeded 40' there have been a lot of commercial parks we don't fit into. The newer boring parks have room but the older fun parks are limited. That is also true of electrical service available.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Length restricted rv parks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS