Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Length restricted rv parks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Length restricted rv parks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
RFCN2

MT

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had length issues lots of times in the 10 1/2 years we have owned our coach. I would say most public parks in National Parks and some States spaces big enough to accept 40 foot is rare. Most newer commercial RV parks are fine with over 40, but I always tell them the size of our rig in case some of their sites will not fit.

RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

dubdub07

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

I cannot imagine owning an RV that might be too big for an RV park.
I like em under 25 feet. Then they fit almost everywhere.

And I cannot imagine anything less than 40'!

WW

2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

rapdaddyR

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thx for all the info. You are really making it tough on me to get the 45’ I am fixing to pull the trigger on. I am thinking maybe a 40’ would be better but now to convince the wife and kids on that.

2006 F-250
2008 Raptor 3612
2007 Raptor 700
2009 Razor
http://toyhaulers.atvowners.com/

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like the Dirty Harry movies "a man just needs to know his limitations"! If you can't go where you want, there is likely somewhere nearby that you can. Generally this means a higher nighly cost (and sometime much higher) but you will be able to find somewhere to park near where you want to visit. State and City parks will be the most challenging but we find to be some of the best in the Country. They put them there for a reason and that's usually the view or the location or both.
We have been very happy with our 40 footer but it's all about the floor plan. There are 45 footers that have less living room than my 40 foot coach. Also, if you plan to have slides you may be quite surprised how much living room you have with the slides out in the 40 foot and still have some money left over to pay for those times you have to pay too much for a site.

* This post was edited 07/10/19 05:39am by Bill.Satellite *

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dubdub07

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Like the Dirty Harry movies "a man just needs to know his limitations"! If you can't go where you want, there is likely somewhere nearby that you can. Generally this means a higher highly cost (and sometime much higher) but you will be able to find somewhere to park near where you want to visit. State and City parks will be the most challenging but we find to be some of the best in the Country. They put them there for a reason and that's usually the view or the location or both.
We have been very happy with our 40 footer but it's all about the floor plan. There are 45 footers that have less living room than my 40 foot coach. Also, if you plan to have slides you may be quite surprised how much living room you have with the slides out in the 40 foot and still have some money left over to pay for those times you have to pay too much for a site.

Well, he did drive a bus in the Gauntlet....although not as Dirty Harry....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Length restricted rv parks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.