cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

admin

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
i am trying to report an ad for cannabis that showed up on tenting forum. has anyone else seen this? anyway i am trying to report it and keep getting error messages
22 REPLIES 22

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
As moderators.... We have no control over the advertisements that are seen on the forum.... The forums owners control those.....

All that we have control over is what's posted by the members...

If it's posted by another member... Hit the "notify" button in the forum that you are in...
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Notify mod- send one a PM if the link button doesn't work for you.

That said, I find it dang sad that so many people want to dictate their 'morals' to others. "Cant we all just get along?"

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
They've been having issues with "Notify Moderator" function. Just PM the forum mod (LLeopold)
Anybody around to fix what I reported in FPHS?

Member 1492
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
If it's truly an ad, it is against the forum rules.

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the courteous replies. My issue was getting an error message when tapping Notify Moderator. The other is not an issue with marijuana, it is a commercial outfit posting what is really an ad for their business with a link to their website. I thought this was not allowed and so I attempted to report it.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
Gdetrailer wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:
Why report it? Itโ€™s getting legal almost everywhere.

Weโ€™ve got billboards advertising it in Florida.

It IS supposed to be a "family" oriented forum, weeds, ED, medical/drug peddling is not exactly family friendly..

It IS a very sad and sorry day that nearly everyone has gone brain dead to common sense, good sense and family values. Your response is a sad commentary on how badly distorted peoples views have gotten, accepting things "just because" some lobby groups have finally gotten their way to degrade social norms and values.

Great, just what we need is legal drunken AND stoned people, bad enough with opiod addiction epidemic we are facing, why not just open up free illicit drug dispensarys on every street corner. This way everyone can be stoned 24/7/365 and no more reality..

OPs concern IS valid, however, I suspect the issue may be the OPs PC/Browser most likely has malware or has been hijacked and needs to be checked with malwarebytes.

Additionally, OP, if you not using some sort of third party Adblocker, I would HIGHLY recommend that you install and run Adblocker add on with your browser, makes a lot of JUNK ads go away and never seen.

Maybe a good around the campfire thread then again no need to report it there mod will delete it :B

No matter where I sit at a campfire I end up with a face full of smoke, seems like a good fit to move it over there.
you know they say second hand smoke kills:B

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:

Simple.
Ads are NOT ALLOWED HERE, for anything, anytime.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Big Katuna wrote:

I too am not sure I wish to see the ads either but the adds are from Google if I recall correctly and the forum .. Well they cay "Please do not" but that's about it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:

One good reason to report it is that the post is (or was) blatant advertising spam, and advertising spam is definitely not permitted per forum rules. Another reason is that the topic is unrelated to the forum topic and RVing in general.

If they were spamming something like airplane propellers or collectible figurines I'd also report it for these exact same reasons.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
newman fulltimer wrote:
Gdetrailer wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:

It IS supposed to be a "family" oriented forum, weeds, ED, medical/drug peddling is not exactly family friendly..

It IS a very sad and sorry day that nearly everyone has gone brain dead to common sense, good sense and family values. Your response is a sad commentary on how badly distorted peoples views have gotten, accepting things "just because" some lobby groups have finally gotten their way to degrade social norms and values.

Great, just what we need is legal drunken AND stoned people, bad enough with opiod addiction epidemic we are facing, why not just open up free illicit drug dispensarys on every street corner. This way everyone can be stoned 24/7/365 and no more reality..

OPs concern IS valid, however, I suspect the issue may be the OPs PC/Browser most likely has malware or has been hijacked and needs to be checked with malwarebytes.

Additionally, OP, if you not using some sort of third party Adblocker, I would HIGHLY recommend that you install and run Adblocker add on with your browser, makes a lot of JUNK ads go away and never seen.

Maybe a good around the campfire thread then again no need to report it there mod will delete it :B

No matter where I sit at a campfire I end up with a face full of smoke, seems like a good fit to move it over there.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
They've been having issues with "Notify Moderator" function. Just PM the forum mod (LLeopold)
Anybody around to fix what I reported in FPHS?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Why are you trying to report it? I bet you won't come back and answer.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
From the few tokers I've seen, I'd guess that Darwin will take care of the issue in a couple of generations.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox