Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columbus Day Weekend, Cape Cod

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone

We usually go just after Labor day and stay at Atlantic Oaks. We were thinking of changing our plans to Columbus Day weekend maybe this or next year,... So how are the beaches? are they still open? Most of the time we will go to Marconi beach, Coast Guard or Nauset Beach and on the bay side First Encounter beach... bathrooms still be open? (we don't have to swim but wondering what might the weather be at that time of year)

How about famous Arnolds will they still be open? Also thinking of taking the ferry to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard for some shopping. Just trying to get a general idea on what might be open or closed.

Thank you for your replies
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
6 REPLIES 6

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck, thanks for the suggestion! We will take a look at Moby Dicks also! :C

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
Hi everyone

We usually go just after Labor day and stay at Atlantic Oaks. We were thinking of changing our plans to Columbus Day weekend maybe this or next year,... So how are the beaches? are they still open? Most of the time we will go to Marconi beach, Coast Guard or Nauset Beach and on the bay side First Encounter beach... bathrooms still be open? (we don't have to swim but wondering what might the weather be at that time of year)

How about famous Arnolds will they still be open? Also thinking of taking the ferry to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard for some shopping. Just trying to get a general idea on what might be open or closed.
Mike
We have stayed at Atlantic Oaks when Arnold's has been closed,so we went up the road at the urging of another person to Moby Dick's....granted,a little farther drive.....but found the food to be the same or a little better maybe...BUT one thing....they take Credit Cards.....which,for me,is better...
We HAVE NOT been back to Arnold's sincr,in 3 years...C

Mike
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
Hi everyone

We have stayed at Atlantic Oaks when Arnold's has been closed,so we went up the road at the urging of another person to Moby Dick's....granted,a little farther drive.....but found the food to be the same or a little better maybe...BUT one thing....they take Credit Cards.....which,for me,is better...
We HAVE NOT been back to Arnold's sincr,in 3 years...C

Thank you for your replies
Mike
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
So I called Arnold's today, good news they told me they will be open Columbus Day weekend which will be their last weekend open. But I do plan to check into Sir Cricket's in Orleans also. :C

Arnold's is just to convenient with Atlantic Oaks Campground next door, even with Ed's recommendation I think if Arnold's was closed that might have been a deal breaker.

Thanks everyone!
Mike

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Arnold's will be closed but Sir Cricket's in Orleans (next to Bird Watchers) is open all year and in my opinion is better than Arnold's. September and October are the Cape's two best months and besides being open all the beaches are FREE!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Now considered the "shoulder season", mid-September thru the end of October is the best time on the Cape. The crowds are mostly gone, the water is still warm, most restaurants, t-shirt shops and mini-golf courses stay open until the end of October and the traffic has eased.

Columbus Day weekend is however the traditional weekend to "close up the cottage", so the off Cape traffic Monday afternoon will be heavy.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox