cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spokane WA

Hiker52
Explorer
Explorer
Will be spending a few days near Spokane on our way to the Olympic peninsula so looking for an RV park. We generally like FH, pulling a 35' 5th Wheel. Also wanting to do some kayaking while in the area. Since we are beginners at kayaking and have a 2 person inflatable we are looking for something fairly tame. Will be looking to do kayaking throughout WA and OR. Likely go south out of Spokane to tour the Palouse then to Mt rainier. TIA
11 REPLIES 11

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
About an hour northeast of Spokane is Farragut State Park, outside of Athol, Idaho. Nice campgrounds there, some with FHUs. The park is on Lake Pend d'Oreille (pronounced Ponderay), and I am pretty sure you can kayak there. You may need reservations, especially for FHU sites. Best FHU sites are in Gilmore CG (there are 5 or 6 named CGs in the park). Interesting park; in WWII it was a Navy training base (yep, that far inland!) The old brig is now a museum.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
RickLight wrote:
Riverside State Park is missing sewer but it's close to downtown Spokane and nice scenery.
https://parks.state.wa.us/573/Riverside

x2

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
RickLight has good info. Google maps suggests that Blackwell Island to downtown Spokane is about 35 minutes.

We've had great meals at The Cedars restaurant next to Blackwell RV Park. My FIL was Tom Foley's district assistant in the late '60s, early '70s. who was the speaker of the US House of Representatives, and we dined there several times together. The restaurant was then floating on logs that moved with the wind and waves.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
RickLight wrote:
Riverside State Park is missing sewer but it's close to downtown Spokane and nice scenery.

This is where we stayed, backed up right on the river. I second this recommendation.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
Colbert (Wild Rose) is 30+ min from town. Coeur d'Alene is 45+ min but CdA is a resort town so you might not want to leave. For boaters Blackwell is far better.

There are LOTS of little lakes and rivers around for boating of all sorts. CdA Lake is huge but has nice little coves, especially the south end. Upper Priest Lake is nearly wilderness. Folks inner tube float the Spokane River, but parts are more fun in a kayak. (above and below the dams) The Little Spokane River goes into Riverside State Park, calm and beautiful!

https://www.spokaneriver.net/watertrail/paddling/

If you care: WA out-of-state fishing licenses are far cheaper than ID.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
You can kayak on the Spokane River and Lake Coeur d'Alene from the beach at Blackwell Island RV Park.
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Hiker52
Explorer
Explorer
I don't need to be in Spokane just plan to be in the area. I looked at Spokane RV Resort and Wild Rose RV Park. Also North Spokane RV Campground. Open to others for sure.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
FYI I live there so can get you details, but I don't camp here ๐Ÿ˜‰
Rick,

PullRite Superglide

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rick,

PullRite Superglide

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
I second Blackwell
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We like Blackwell Island RV Park in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L