cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has a good RV oven

Our new RV has a new Furrion gas oven and DW hates it..

Calling Furrion Monday when they open for hopefully ideas.. the ovens actual inside temperature is running about 75-100 degrees less than tne gauge . That is making it difficult for baking/cooking...

Everything I read online tells me that is the way it is... that wont fly with DW..

I have an idea what Furrion may say so Thats why I am looking for options...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
20 REPLIES 20

**UPDATE**

Sent pics to Redwood ( now Keystone) and they agreed it was bad, sent a new oven and had it installed Friday... set to 350 and it is actually 350, what a great thing !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Carriage 5th wheel. I use the microwave convection oven for all baking. Works great. It is a "Sharp" brand of oven. I have baked bread, roast, cakes and anything I need baked in it. I think almost any brand works OK after anyone learns how to use it. Our Carriage is a 2008 and we bought it new and have used it for full time since. 2008.
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
bpounds wrote:
philh wrote:
I'm wondering if we will ever use ours. If we do, may consider Grill Grates Link

Had to replace the grates on our park model BBQ, and LOVED IT. For the cheap onboard coleman grill, added the grates, and the thing actually works now!

Why would you put those in a propane oven? Aren't they just a BBQ grill gizmo, to prevent flare-up or make clean-up easier? I'm not seeing a point to using in an oven.

They make an oven version... but it's incredible how it evenly distributes the heat. It will also act as a heat sink stabilizing the temperature.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
philh wrote:
I'm wondering if we will ever use ours. If we do, may consider Grill Grates Link

Had to replace the grates on our park model BBQ, and LOVED IT. For the cheap onboard coleman grill, added the grates, and the thing actually works now!

Why would you put those in a propane oven? Aren't they just a BBQ grill gizmo, to prevent flare-up or make clean-up easier? I'm not seeing a point to using in an oven.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dometic Convention microwave and love it.
Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big Katuna wrote:
Add a pizza stone or two.

Get an oven thermometer that hangs from a rack. SNIP

We did this and the DW loves to bake, and is very happy with the results.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the reason we haven't had a Gas Oven in our past 2 units. We either use our Convection/Microwave or a Convection Toaster Oven.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Our oven is one of the most used features in our rig. We pretty much bake something every time we go out. Baked goods are a treat. Before we had RV's we did it with a campfire dutch oven. Which is fun, but a gas oven is so much more convenient.

Ours isn't a Furrion, but I'm with those who said you need to 1) get an unglazed tile or a pizza stone, and 2) calibrate the temp using a second thermometer. Pizza stone has been much better for us, but you can prove the theory using an unglazed tile that costs about a buck.

I'm positive they can all be calibrated in some fashion, you just have to figure out how.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
My oven has been lite once--to test it. It is used for pots and pans storage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Breville Smart Oven Air. This is likely the best (and most expensive) counter top, electric, oven on the market. It will hold a 9x13 baking pan. Works either as a regular oven or a convention oven. Also does "air frying" (have not tried that yet).

Breville Smart Oven Pro is slightly smaller but a lot less $$$ !

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love ours. Best bread box we have ever had. In three years the oven has never been on.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Chris Bryant wrote:
You can probably calibrate the thermostat- I don’t have anything on the furion, but most oven thermostats you can pull the knob off and there is an adjustable set screw in the center of the shaft- I turn it on, set to 300, let it stabilize temperature, see what the temp actually is, then I hold the set screw stationary and turn the shaft to approximately the correct position, then turn the temp up and see how close it is.

IMHO, this should be a warranty item, Furion might disagree.

I did call them but they will closed so they actually have not even turned me down yet !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ACZL wrote:
Have to use the baking stone that comes with it (or at least they did come with it). Think last time we used ours had to turn temp above what recipe called for to get/maintain temp. DW has used the convection nuke-o-matic a couple of times and things didn't turn out too bad. Only reason we have a gas oven is in the event power goes out.

FTG, I think there was a problem w/ the temp setting on the Furrion ovens (can't say for certain) and Lippert sent owners updates I think.

Thanks, I put a call into them but they are closed for the 4th... Ill call back Monday
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7