cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot fiberglass shell

Tomcat58
Explorer
Explorer
I have own several trailer and fifth wheels over the years but all the kids are grown and I want a Truck Camper. But having had the other RV's I want either a Bigfoot or Northern Lite.

Well I guess what I really want is the 2 piece fiberglass shell like those 2 types have. There not cheap and thereso far not easy to find any deals. I was looking at a old bigfoot the other day and it was a 1988 9.5 and it was in bad shape. I would just strip it and use the shell if I bought it. But they guy wanted 20 much for what was left. A Shell !!

Then the question came up which maybe some of you folks might help me out with. Does anyone make and sell 2 piece shells ???? I would really like to find a place that would sell just the shell and maybe then I could just build the rest myself.

If anyone can help out please post if this is even possible ????
9 REPLIES 9

Tomcat58
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies and I have found what I am looking for and should be picking it up at the end of this month. Yes I have to drive a ways to get it but its worth the trip 🙂
Tommy

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
You have to look far and wide. I drove from Houston to Maryland for mine.
But...I am seriously considering selling it.
If you're interested PM me.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
I found the deal on my NL in western Canada.
After three decades with campers I’ll tell you, you’re very wise to insist on the two-piece clamshell design! Keep after it until you find one.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’m not sure what you are calling cheap, but I just took a quick look at Missoula, Boise, Seattle Craiglists and there are some out there from 7-11K. Good luck. I searched for Northern Lite.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
What about making the shell?? It's not that hard at all to make a shell in fiberglass if that's what you're after.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
You can find pretty minty shape units from 1998 to 2005 for about 12 to 15 grand. Just got to know where to look. Easy to find in western Canada if you are willing to travel.

Tomcat58
Explorer
Explorer
That really sound tempting. I will private message you ok

pugslyyy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 10.11FR that will need some fiberglass repair. I'm going to go in another direction with a new camper build, if you want it (once I've stripped stuff out that I want to hang onto) you are welcome to it.

It is in Northern Nevada.