cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Redwood park site lengths

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to plan a fall trip to the Redwoods. The Rec.gov reservation site says all of the 4 campgrounds are limited to 24' trailer length. We have a 26' but some other information we have read on camping sites says 27 or Panther Flats up to 30'.
I would hate to get there and be turned away because I had bad info.
Can someone give me the real deal. No fake news!

Jesseannie
3 REPLIES 3

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
don't want to be a naysayer but just in case thought I should mention, parking a 30 foot Class C is going to be different than parking a 26 foot travel trailer if the site isn't wide enough to park the tow vehicle beside the trailer. I don't have any personal knowledge about the campgrounds in question so maybe the site is wide enough.

The rec.gov says units 30 foot but trailers only 24 feet I think part of the problem, is the narrow access roads make it difficult to maneuver into a site with a trailer.

Jesseannie

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
don't want to be a naysayer but just in case thought I should mention, parking a 30 foot Class C is going to be different than parking a 26 foot travel trailer if the site isn't wide enough to park the tow vehicle beside the trailer. I don't have any personal knowledge about the campgrounds in question so maybe the site is wide enough.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from the redwoods, We stayed at Panther Flats-30'class C. Had plenty of room. Like you I was concerned about length. As you go into the CG you might want to take one of the first few sites you go by. After you make the turn you go by the ones closer to the highway the sites seem shorter, if I remember correctly. You'll have no problem there with 26'. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL