Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Towing: Tow vehicle miss match
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Tow vehicle miss match

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not RV. Hauling a "light" load on a 7 axle rig, thinking of a easy ride across the state on 2 lane and lightly traveled 4 lane. On a down hill, see a mini-van coming down side road to stopsign Holy Snot! He is PULLING A BOBCAT! I'm on the Jakes, dropping cogs, but he gets stopped at the sign. Watch him turn to follow me. Would prefer to have him in front, hamn sure don't want close behind. Twist the Cats tail to get up the next grade, and well Bell, looks like yep, just meet the State weight watcher. Yes, he's making a U behind the mini-van, strobes flashing. I'm thinking a possible disaster is missed, nope, he's passing the van. My CB "RGN, there is a wide shoulder about half mile up on the left, would you pull in there?"
And we spend some time making sure I have all the permits I need, and log book is up to date...
The machine I was hauling, I would be under 80 and 12-34-34 on my step-deck, but I was back haul with 4 axle tractor and 3 axle lowboy. No way to be over axles...

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/19 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Not RV. Hauling a "light" load on a 7 axle rig, thinking of a easy ride across the state on 2 lane and lightly traveled 4 lane. On a down hill, see a mini-van coming down side road to stopsign Holy Snot! He is PULLING A BOBCAT! I'm on the Jakes, dropping cogs, but he gets stopped at the sign. Watch him turn to follow me. Would prefer to have him in front, hamn sure don't want close behind. Twist the Cats tail to get up the next grade, and well Bell, looks like yep, just meet the State weight watcher. Yes, he's making a U behind the mini-van, strobes flashing. I'm thinking a possible disaster is missed, nope, he's passing the van. My CB "RGN, there is a wide shoulder about half mile up on the left, would you pull in there?"
And we spend some time making sure I have all the permits I need, and log book is up to date...
The machine I was hauling, I would be under 80 and 12-34-34 on my step-deck, but I was back haul with 4 axle tractor and 3 axle lowboy. No way to be over axles...

There was even less of a chance that said minivan was over the road bed design limits. Only a registration limit in that case. Hence you were the better target for getting ticket funds for the state.

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Tow vehicle miss match
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS