Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Aggressive Sales tactics at CW
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Aggressive Sales tactics at CW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
deueldl

VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I posted this for comment on a camper forum and they suggested I share here.
Has anyone had issues with Camping World aggressive sales tactics? We were looking at a Fuse in Syracuse over the phone and did some preliminary paperwork and exchanges of info for financing. We called to say we were no longer interested in the unit, our sales rep said ok and thanks for the call. The next day a different sales rep called and read us the riot act and told us we owned the unit and had better pick it up. Would appreciate input.
We signed a delivery checklist, but stipulated that it was non-binding in our email and only a preliminary cost estimate. We told the sales rep several times over the phone that our commitment was non-binding as we would not buy a unit over the phone and without seeing it.
No money changed hands until we told salesman #2 that we didn't want the unit. Then he charged our card on file for $1000. I'll dispute this with credit card company. But it seems illegal for him to charge our card after we informed them twice we didn't want the unit.
Salesman#2 threatened to hand us over to legal in Chicago and charge $4000 for dealer prep.

obgraham

TriCites WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you made a credit card deposit on the rig. What exactly was the "delivery checklist"? Surely there was a bunch of fine print to clarify all this? If not, then tell them to pound sand.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 01:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

We signed a delivery checklist,

Well... Dunno on that, as there could/is some small print that you didn't know about on what you signed??...

Signing something, but stipulating something else in an email that goes against the contract you signed is kinda hard to dispute IMO..

Are they being "aggressive" with you? Sure they are.. You signed something that gives them the thought that you are going to purchase.

Since we don't know nothing about the doc you signed, or the small print, who knows..

Buyers remorse sucks for sure.. I have never bought a rig I have not been able to see and talk face to face with the salesperson, so this whole interweb buying thing would be new to me too..

Good luck with it, but my guess is they have more lawyer backup than you do at this point, so how far do you want to take it..

Unless they totally misrepresented the rig to you when you signed, I don't know what other course you have at this point??

Sucks, yes... I'll NEVER even go to a Camping World store anymore, much less buy a rig from them... I was a member way back when too, but figured out their tactics long ago and just said "good bye".. [emoticon]

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stopped at CW last summer when I was looking to replace my TT. I talked to a salesperson about what I wanted and we looked at several TTs. After being told about all of the add on $, LP tank, fill the LP tank, Battery, battery box, $1000 delivery charge, $1500 if I did not finance with them, I walked. The next day, I started getting calls from the salesperson. I never gave then my phone, just my name. About 3 weeks later, they finally quit calling me.

Bob & Dawn Married 31 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

all of the add on $, LP tank, fill the LP tank, Battery, battery box, $1000 delivery charge, $1500 if I did not finance with them, I walked.

WOW.... I got all that thrown in my my trailer deal from Poulsbo RV.. But, that was a LONG time ago.. No idea what they do now.. Maybe all the dealers do this now??

If so, that's gonna suck, because I am actually considering a new TT in the next year or so..

Has it really changed that much and they charge all this for a cheaply built POS now a days??

Well, gonna have to keep my eyes, ears, and mind aware of all of this moving forward.

Thank you OP for the heads up on this kind of thing for someone who hasn't even stepped on an RV dealers lot in some 16 years!

Mitch

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds like the whole transaction took place at a distance, and not in person. If true, then you could not have signed anything. You may have done a "digital signature" by clicking a box or agreeing to something, but if all of this was done via email, it is doubtful you have a legally binding contract. It sounds like you are dealing with a sleazy, dishonest salesperson. You should verify with your credit card company if a charge has been placed on your card, and if so contest it. Also ask that the account be closed and a new account be opened to prevent furthercharges. Typical Camping World tactics.

56Jeff

Way North Houston

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Note to self.... Protect yourself at all times. Never give anyone a credit card for them to keep on " File".

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it possible, the reason you gave them, your credit card number was for earnest money? ( don't know what other reason they would have for getting you card number) That the thousand, was to hold the unit for you? If that is the case, then no money would have changed hands until you backed out of the deal. Had you gone through with it they would have torn up the credit card charge. As the transition would have been financed at the bank, or where ever

No different form putting earnest money down on a house or anything else, if you walk you lose it.

They could be nice and forgive it, but legally I doubt they have to. Just my thought

* This post was edited 07/07/19 03:57pm by winnietrey *

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

You may have done a "digital signature" by clicking a box or agreeing to something, but if all of this was done via email, it is doubtful you have a legally binding contract.

I have done several "digital signatures" and believe they create a legal obligation. Several times with my broker prior to him depositing withdrawals from my account into my checking account and recently when purchasing insurance from my current carrier. Their have been several others.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Lwiddis

Near USFS Glass Creek CG, Inyo County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very shabby treatment. One thousand dollars for negotiating!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Aggressive Sales tactics at CW
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS