Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Aggressive Sales tactics at CW
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Aggressive Sales tactics at CW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If this was a telephone transaction, the "digital signature " may not exist.
I would call my bank to stop payment. Wait and see what stunt they pull then.

Check your private messages.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charlie D. wrote:

Quote:

You may have done a "digital signature" by clicking a box or agreeing to something, but if all of this was done via email, it is doubtful you have a legally binding contract.

I have done several "digital signatures" and believe they create a legal obligation. Several times with my broker prior to him depositing withdrawals from my account into my checking account and recently when purchasing insurance from my current carrier. Their have been several others.

Digital signatures typically are done after a business relationship is established and digital signatures are agreed to by both parties.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 06:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello deueldl,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you have had with the Syracuse Camping World location. I would like to look into this matter further, please provide your contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This company was bought by Marcus L the guy on the TV show about Profit.
This kind of stuff comes from the top. I will not even buy parts from them. Your situation is a sad example of unbridled capitalism.

You are being strong-armed by a corporation. I am truly sorry that you are going through this experience. Boycott this company.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Call the credit card issuer NOW and dispute the charge.

deueldl

VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

done, ty

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 11:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you do a search on CW sales tactics you will find some really scary stuff. There is a dealer (3rd generation) that breaks down the whole thing. They were pressured to become a CW dealer. The sales people are sent to classes to teach them how to fleece the sheep. Too bad. Camping world was a family owned business that were excellent providers of service and rv parts. Many years ago.

Kansas Climber

FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 01:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hey deadticket - I totally disagree. Nobody is pressured to selling their business to Camping World. If they sell their dealership its likely because the 3rd generation was a lousy operator and the family didn't want him or her to lose the family's money so they got out. The family member was probably offered a position when they sold but couldn't cut it with CW where they have accountability. Happens to many sons, daughters, and grandchildren of dealers who sell unfortunately. I do know reputable companies like CW, LaMesa, Generl RV have training and that training involves making sure people are compliant with the laws and offering valuable products to customers who buy. There also is a reason Camping World has the absolute best relationships with banks and warranty companies. I've seen the same thing with other growing dealers like LaMesa and Campers Inn. They want to keep the family members but its tough for them to realize they are not the boss any longer. A car guy told me one time "You can't sell your home and come in and swim whenever you want" Its the same thing so I take that with a grain of salt.

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/19 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This particular dealer is still in the family owned business.

AlwaysOnTheRoad

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/19 09:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

Quote:

all of the add on $, LP tank, fill the LP tank, Battery, battery box, $1000 delivery charge, $1500 if I did not finance with them, I walked.

WOW.... I got all that thrown in my my trailer deal from Poulsbo RV.. But, that was a LONG time ago.. No idea what they do now.. Maybe all the dealers do this now??

If so, that's gonna suck, because I am actually considering a new TT in the next year or so..

Has it really changed that much and they charge all this for a cheaply built POS now a days??

Well, gonna have to keep my eyes, ears, and mind aware of all of this moving forward.

Thank you OP for the heads up on this kind of thing for someone who hasn't even stepped on an RV dealers lot in some 16 years!

Mitch

It's not what I've experienced lately. I've bought 3 campers from 2 different dealers in the last 4 years and all were good experiences. Batteries, propane and hitches were included.

2016 F150 4X4 2.7EcoBoost 6Speed 3:55's / 2019 Jayco Octane 222SL ToyHauler

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Aggressive Sales tactics at CW
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS