Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Aggressive Sales tactics at CW
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Aggressive Sales tactics at CW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/19 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kansas Climber wrote:

hey deadticket - I totally disagree. Nobody is pressured to selling their business to Camping World. If they sell their dealership its likely because the 3rd generation was a lousy operator and the family didn't want him or her to lose the family's money so they got out. The family member was probably offered a position when they sold but couldn't cut it with CW where they have accountability. Happens to many sons, daughters, and grandchildren of dealers who sell unfortunately. I do know reputable companies like CW, LaMesa, Generl RV have training and that training involves making sure people are compliant with the laws and offering valuable products to customers who buy. There also is a reason Camping World has the absolute best relationships with banks and warranty companies. I've seen the same thing with other growing dealers like LaMesa and Campers Inn. They want to keep the family members but its tough for them to realize they are not the boss any longer. A car guy told me one time "You can't sell your home and come in and swim whenever you want" Its the same thing so I take that with a grain of salt.

I know of 4 Camping World locations where the previous owner is still actively involved either behind or in front of the scenes. Interestingly at one when the changeover took place the longtime GM and most of the sales and service department personnel jumped ship instantly. They went to a local new 2nd location of a mom and pop dealer, whose original location is on the other side of the state. They must not have liked what they seen coming down the tracks.

You mention Campers Inn. Why does the original owner still show up every day at one of their locations with no official title but still has the same office, the largest in the building by far, occasionally is seen selling units at RV shows, and his son is the Parts manager?

No one knows what the arrangements are or what agreements are in place, and I'd bet they vary by the location.

Camping World and General RV reputable? Having dealt with or attempted to with both, I'd hate to see a non reputable dealer if those are the benchmark.

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/19 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are so many used rvs out there. I owned 3, bought all used. Used Kelley blue book or nada to get approximate values. Offered lower because who wants an unused RV sitting in driveway? Always happy with my choices.they may have been coming up to new tires or batteries. Small add-ons compared to a new one. That's my thought for the day.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/19 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deadticket8 wrote:

There are so many used evs out there. I owned 3, bought all used. Used Kelley blue book or nada to get approximate values. Offered lower because who wants an unused RV sitting in driveway? Always happy with my choices.they may have been coming up to new tires or batteries. Small add-ons compared to a new one. That's my thought for the day.

You bought all 3 at Camping World?

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/19 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No, bought from private parties. That hadn't much use for a trailer sitting in driveway. I tried several times to buy from dealers, always problems, they always were coming up short. Their price is never their price whether it's bald tires and no spare, oh propane tanks are extra, whatever. There are some great units that people just have no use for. If it's a quality unit 8 or 10 years old is not a problem. My last one was a 9 year old Holiday Rambler for $9000. Got 12 years before I sold her. 9 in the road working from state to state I don't see any value in buying new.

* This post was edited 07/19/19 04:55pm by deadticket8 *

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/19 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One story, was looking at a slightly used Holiday Rambler at a dealer. Looked up book and they were way over. The salesman insisted those books are innacurate, written by people that don't know the market. I told him that dealers contribute thier k owledge to the NADA book. Oh and your dealership is one of the listed! Then he tried to tell me tanks, batteries etc were Xtra. I'm a single woman so maybe I looked like a mark. Anyway my experience is let someone else buy new and eat the devaluation. Sorry edits were spell checks!

* This post was edited 07/19/19 04:57pm by deadticket8 *

Vvvv1010

San Antonio, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/19 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deueldl wrote:

The next day a different sales rep called and read us the riot act.

This sales rep must have been having a bad day. Most salesmen and women make a living off their sales and are genuinely nice. They fully understand you win some, you lose some and you go on.

Salesman #2 could of called the next day and offered you just a bit better deal then everyone is happy. Instead, no one is happy.

2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/19 08:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deueldl wrote:

I posted this for comment on a camper forum and they suggested I share here.
Has anyone had issues with Camping World aggressive sales tactics? We were looking at a Fuse in Syracuse over the phone and did some preliminary paperwork and exchanges of info for financing. We called to say we were no longer interested in the unit, our sales rep said ok and thanks for the call. The next day a different sales rep called and read us the riot act and told us we owned the unit and had better pick it up. Would appreciate input.
We signed a delivery checklist, but stipulated that it was non-binding in our email and only a preliminary cost estimate. We told the sales rep several times over the phone that our commitment was non-binding as we would not buy a unit over the phone and without seeing it.
No money changed hands until we told salesman #2 that we didn't want the unit. Then he charged our card on file for $1000. I'll dispute this with credit card company. But it seems illegal for him to charge our card after we informed them twice we didn't want the unit.
Salesman#2 threatened to hand us over to legal in Chicago and charge $4000 for dealer prep.

You went to far and even gave them your credit card..

You should just remain a looky lou until your ready to buy..

deueldl

VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Appreciate everyone's input and insights.

deueldl

VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure how to close-out this topic. Please advise

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey no offense to you, but you need to talk to an attorney, a real lawyer, not a bunch of folks on the Internet. Get solid legal advice.

Good luck to you.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Aggressive Sales tactics at CW
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS