Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Water hose storage??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> Water hose storage??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are different types of hoses, it’s also in how you store it. I still have my original 25ft hose that is 16 years old! It gets coiled after every use. Then I have my 50 footer. It only gets used about once a year. It’s a softer material and kinks easily, very hard to coil.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read reviews on the Zero G and there seems to be a lot of problems with them leaking that sucks because I was going to buy one.

2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

wannavolunteerFT

South Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought two 25ft Zero G-s in March. Only used one so far. I leave end attached to MH fresh water connection and then after draining all water possible put plug on the other end. with no water in it, it easily coils into compartment below connections. I had one of the blue ones from WM for years, but it was stiff if it was cold and I always ended up getting nasty trying to store it. So far the Zero G has solved that problem.

2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 10:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The thread prompted me to look on the Internet. I have not found the hose that comes with machined stainless ends this time.
RV water filter store has a lined drinking water hose reinforced but it looks like machined brass fittings, which is better than plated tin but still...
I have been intending to go to a marine store when near one and look at what they have as stainless is preferred around salt water I believe.
Any strong quality hose is going to be a bit stiff. I found two listings for polyurathane hose, imagine the stiffness. I am not able to crawl around under our mh now and figure out how to store a hose reel. Stiffness is not a real big issue on a powered reel of the right size. 50' of hose 3/4" good hose is going to be bulky and heavy. I have one compartment that would be just right....but it houses my electrical cord. Wet Bay may indeed work but would require some work and changing face panels with controls and digging back in deep if need to replace. Camco which CW carries, on Amazon has a nickle plated machined brass blue hose with fax printed black reinforcement cross pattern for 22.00 or so.
There was at leas one moe site probably 100 more, that had industrial food grade hoses cut to length with machined brass ends. At an RV rally, in La several years ago there was a Vendor who made custom length hoses with heavy stainless machined ends, but was using reinforced clear hose which is a no no as algae, and other things likes to grow in it with any sunlight. If you sue 1/2" hose it will be more easily rolled up and should handle all the water we need, if you can find good machined heavy ends, brass plated super thin steel ends are a a real big problem. I didn't see listings for hose reels for RVs this time but they are there for sure.
This is one reason I want a new, faboulous darling, as Zha Zha says coach with hoes an power cords on powered reels. Just push a button and out they come.
Save lot of bending and fiddling with stopping the leaks and replacing hose washers which usually destroys cheap brass plated hose ends. Need a hose, next time I see you I got a plenty in a compartment, wit the thin hose ends, depsite throwing out a great many. They can be coiled easy and thrown in the dumpster easy too.

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

50 foot hoses are just unruly IMO. I carry a 25' and a 15'. Rarely do I ever need to tie them together but can if needed.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found one with only one search, I probably wouldn't it but it comes in different sizes and lengths.

Hose

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

I found one with only one search, I probably wouldn't it but it comes in different sizes and lengths.

Hose

Sounds like from the reviews to fit everyone's bill. Price is a bit high until I count the other hoses I've bought and threw in the bay or thrown away. Don't want to always drag out a 50' hose unless needed, so will have to buy at least two more smaller sizes but 25' is the shortest they show.
Maybe ebay has them cheaper

* This post was edited 07/14/19 12:53pm by down home *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> Water hose storage??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS