cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with finding 5th Wheel floor plan

CampFishHuntCoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, we're new to this forum and look forward to learning from you all. We are currently in a truck camper and are looking to move into a 5th Wheel toy hauler as our family is growing. The Coachmen Adrenaline 31FET is exactly what we're looking for as far as floor plans but it's not a 5th wheel. The bunk beds are in the living space and not in the garage. Our eyes are crossed after pouring over floor plans from numerous manufacturers. A couple of benchmarks we're looking for: 5th wheel, double axle, separate living/garage space, bunks in the living space (NOT a loft, we have small children), garage at least 10'. Any and all examples welcome. Thank you in advance.
12 REPLIES 12

dedmiston
Hi Tom28. You brought back a Zombie Thread that had been dead for almost a year. You're welcome to start a new thread if you'd like. Keep 'em fresh.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

tom28
Explorer
Explorer
I also read some dutchmen rv reviews. I guess you should consider their variants as well.

CampFishHuntCoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Bedlam!! Headed to the Jayco dealer in Fairbanks this week. We'll see if they have more info about a separate living/garage space. More suggestions welcome.

Bedlam
ependydad wrote:
It's pretty long, but the Voltage mid bunk toy hauler might be what you're after:
https://www.exploreusa.com/product-dutchmen-rv/voltage-toy-hauler-fifth-wheel/v4205

Here are two more floor plans to check out which may work for you:

https://www.jayco.com/products/toy-haulers/2019-talon-platinum/392t/

https://www.keystonerv.com/fifth-wheels/montana-high-country/floorplans/381th-fifth-wheel/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Mmaxed wrote:
OK I understand reason no 1 for the kids wandering about. However the fuel smell is a non issue if you take some care with the toys that ride in the garage. We have a 2009 Fuzion that we have never had a fuel smell in the garage. Wife's quad is a fuelly and I always shut the fuel off on the bike and run it a little before loading. The bigger annoyance is tire smell, but unloading and opening it up for a while takes care of it.

I agree, that fuel smell was an anomaly, not the norm.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK I understand reason no 1 for the kids wandering about. However the fuel smell is a non issue if you take some care with the toys that ride in the garage. We have a 2009 Fuzion that we have never had a fuel smell in the garage. Wife's quad is a fuelly and I always shut the fuel off on the bike and run it a little before loading. The bigger annoyance is tire smell, but unloading and opening it up for a while takes care of it.

CampFishHuntCoo
Explorer
Explorer
Wife says no is #1 ๐Ÿ™‚ While visiting friends in their TH's, the garages seemed saturated in fuel vapors from the toys which is why the separate living space is a prerequisite. Also, both are under 5 and the possibility of them going exploring without our knowing is possible. In this state, that's a recipe for disaster as bears of all kinds are drawn to anywhere there's food. Hence, reason #1.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I can't say I've ever seen a 5er that checks all those boxes. Why can't the kids just sleep in the bunks that are in the garage?
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

CampFishHuntCoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, that's a great example. The reason we haven't seen it is that we are looking for a double axle. Sorry that I left that part out. Allot of places we go up here make a triple axle trailer less than ideal. If we could find that floor plan in a double axle we would leave this weekend. I know it's going to be difficult to find but it can't be impossible. The Adrenaline 31 FET meets all the requirements minus the 5th wheel. It seems to have been taken out of their lineup for model year 2019. The search continues...

ependydad wrote:
It's pretty long, but the Voltage mid bunk toy hauler might be what you're after:
https://www.exploreusa.com/product-dutchmen-rv/voltage-toy-hauler-fifth-wheel/v4205

(MOD'S EDIT: Fixed the formatting that was preventing the post.)

dedmiston
Look for fold-out couches. We have a nice fold-out couch in the living area that our son uses. It's a nice double bed. Just beware that the living area will be kind of ghetto until your sleepers get up and make up the bed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
You're asking for a lot with a separate garage AND bunks in the living space. A 10' garage plus bunks is 20' right there. I've never seen a toy hauler with bunks outside the garage. The lofts are over the garage so that doesn't add length.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX