Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A poll: What does 2 blinks of the left signal mean to you?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> A poll: What does 2 blinks of the left signal mean to you?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have been driving for 60 years. Do not remember anyone using the 2 blinks of left turn signal.

But with the older cars before computers several blinks often meant you still had your signal flashing from the last turn you made.

I have had truckers flash their headlights when I am passing with a trailer in tow to let me know it was safe to pull back into the right lane. Not sure I would even trust that in today's world.

noteven

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

noteven wrote:

Well you drivers who close up and tailgate but don’t pass, or tailgate 2 or 3 tailgaters thereby creating a 400 ft long parade no one can pass should quit that habit. There eventually is an impatient driver who chances it and goofs it and there is braking and evasive manoeuvers that are totally unnecessary.

Sheeple.

Sheeple with ‘magnetic bumper syndrome’, even on a multi lane highway they slide right up the back of the car ahead and just sit there, far too close for highway speed. They won’t pass even with nothing in the left lane. Just drive along mesmerized by the back of the next car.

You got that right.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

Sheeple with ‘magnetic bumper syndrome’, even on a multi lane highway they slide right up the back of the car ahead and just sit there, far too close for highway speed. They won’t pass even with nothing in the left lane. Just drive along mesmerized by the back of the next car.

You got that right.

Makes driving so much easier, just take short glances away from the phone and let others determine speed and direction. About as close as you can get to self driving vehicles.

Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

noteven wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

You got that right.

Makes driving so much easier, just take short glances away from the phone and let others determine speed and direction. About as close as you can get to self driving vehicles.

Lynnmor, that is so true, although I don't text and drive. We have a a couple of new cars with the technology including distance control, lane control, side mirror warnings, etc. I let the cruise determine our speed compared to the car in front of me.

Even the Prevost will limit my distance. I like the new techy stuff.

Mark

* This post was edited 07/15/19 07:09am by Mr.Mark *

Mr.Mark

2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo w/1,750 lb. ft. of torque, 1.5 baths, 4 slides.
2017 Lincoln MKX AWD V6 335 hp twin turbo.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What do most do when the car in front of you puts on a right turn signal? I think most everybody looks at the left lane, prepares to pass.
Mostly I drive about 60. Most cars can gain speed from 60 so I take no action, other than crowd the right when no yellow line. A truck, OTOH, when I can see far enough, I will right signal, tap brake. When the truck steps to left I will brake, then flash headlight to signal back in.

FF286

SE Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About 25 years age we were in Texas on a 2 lane road where the shoulder was as wide as a driving lane. They never used a turn signal, but would slow a little and pull onto the shoulder and let you pass. That’s the only place I’ve seen it done but it was nice to see people can be polite and help others and get nothing in return.
For those on here who are getting angry about someone doing this might want to take a look at themselves and figure out what is wrong with there own attitude.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> A poll: What does 2 blinks of the left signal mean to you?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS