cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quick question about Maine

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any beachfront (on the water) rv sites that aren't so close to each other that you can hear your neighbors whisper, for a 31ft class c? That seems to be an issue from what I have researched.
Proud father of a US Marine
7 REPLIES 7

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Adiabatman wrote:
docsouce wrote:
Try the " Lobster Buoy Campsties" South Thomaston. Not a big place but the ocean is at your door step. Bring your surf casting rod. They only accept cash..

Agreed - this is our favorite CG in Maine.

Pix and comments

Not saying that Sunset Point Campground is a bad deal but now after looking at Lobster Buoy Campsties that this was the campground I was thinking about, yeah sometimes my memory is like a colander! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Adiabatman wrote:
docsouce wrote:
Try the " Lobster Buoy Campsties" South Thomaston. Not a big place but the ocean is at your door step. Bring your surf casting rod. They only accept cash..

Pix and comments

That place looks pretty cool. So google maps says it's about a 2 hour ride to Bar Harbor; is that accurate? I know the last time we went to Maine, we were about 40 miles away from Acadia NP.

We were thinking about heading that way next summer. Maybe this is the place to be.

Adiabatman
Explorer
Explorer
docsouce wrote:

Pix and comments

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't been to this campground but heard good things.

Sunset Point Campground, Harrington ME

Good luck
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We really liked the Bar Harbor KOA, waterfront sites were excellent.

One of our favorite places but I'm not too sure if it fits the bill of not close together. IMHO the view wins over the coziness.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
We really liked the Bar Harbor KOA, waterfront sites were excellent.