cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1998 Georgie Boy Cruise MasterLoose Dashboard

dwalker4
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone out there experienced a loose dashboard before and if so how did you resolve the issue. I have a 1998 Georgie Boy Cruise Master and the dashboard is so loose it literally bounces up and down when driven looking to correct this issue this Saturday any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 1996 GBM with the same issue I reinforced it with several angle clips under the dash. It has been solid for the last 12 years.

dwalker4
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much I will take a look there on Saturday are we able to lift up on the dash to expose internals like on other coaches?

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, the dash on our GBM Cruise Master was pretty loose. There were some screws that were loose, and I had to put some others in that apparently weren't in the original design. In the center console area near the radio & Heater/AC Controls there is a support brace that had a frequent tendency to loosen and then disconnect. Using LockTite on the mounting nuts seemed to solve that issue.

Your dash is probably different than ours, so all I can recommend is to push & pull on various parts of the dash and see where additional fasteners might help tighten things up.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.