cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-44 North of Wichita Falls TX

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Where does I-44 North of Wichita Falls TX become a toll road? Im hoping I can get to US-70 which is like 5 miles into Oklahoma
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel
8 REPLIES 8

Rug
Explorer
Explorer
Take 82 east out of Wichita Falls thru Henrietta to 81. Take 81 north this is a nice road 4 lane divided most of the way.
Take 81 to I-40. I-40 thru Ok. city to Choctaw.

or

From Breckenridge.
Take I20 over to 281 then north on 281 to Jacksboro
then 59 to Bowie then 81 north out of Bowie.
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
287 to 70 at Vernon TX isn't a toll road. The tolls start about 5 miles into Oklahoma.
I need some wild

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
From my map, it looks like US 70 is where the Toll Road begins. So get off at the exit there.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
The I44 toll gate is just north of the US 70 interchange.

Thanks
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
The I44 toll gate is just north of the US 70 interchange.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Google maps should tell you...

I used to take I44 or US281 several years ago from Wichita falls TX up to Medicine park OKLA just beyond Lawton OK to camp in Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge... I don't recall any fees on I44 up to that point... I bet the fees start at the HE BAILEY Turnpike TOLL STATION up past Lawton at Chicksha/Amber OKLA...

You should be OK staying on I44 to get on US70 with no fees I would think...

We used to get off I44 just after you get inside OKLA and head up US281 which runs parallel to I44 to the East so we could go thru places like Geronimo and some other Indian named places...

I also just read this off of GOGGLE SEARCH if you can make heads or tails out it...

"The H. E. Bailey Turnpike takes a generally south to north route from Wichita Falls to Lawton before turning northeast toward Oklahoma City. The turnpike's 25 miles (40 km) southern section begins at US 70, 6 miles (9.7 km) north of the Texas state line. US 277 and US 281 leave I-44 at US 70, and together run parallel to the Turnpike. The turnpike runs north-northeast for 15 miles, intersecting SH 5 along with US 277 and US 281. A toll plaza is located underneath the SH 5 overpass; loop ramps feed all entering and exiting traffic into the toll plaza. Just north of SH 5, a Service Area is located in the median of the turnpike, featuring food, fuel, and restroom amenities, as well as an Oklahoma Welcome Center. The turnpike then continues north for ten more miles until it again reaches US 277 and US 281, also intersecting SH 36. The turnpike temporarily ends at this interchange, and the two US Routes join a free ODOT-maintained I-44 through Lawton. "

Roy Ken

I looked at google and couldnt really tell for sure where the tolls started. I want to go from Breckenridge, TX to Choctaw OK without using a toll road, Im sure there are several ways to get to I-35 but was thinking of going to Wichita Falls and taking US-70 North of Wichita Falls to I-35

Im sure the info will just confuse the hell out my GPS:)

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:

I used to take I44 or US281 several years ago from Wichita falls TX up to Medicine park OKLA just beyond Lawton OK to camp in Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge... I don't recall any fees on I44 up to that point... I bet the fees start at the HE BAILEY Turnpike TOLL STATION up past Lawton at Chicksha/Amber OKLA...

We used to get off I44 just after you get inside OKLA and head up US281 which runs parallel to I44 to the East so we could go thru places like Geronimo and some other Indian named places...

I also just read this off of GOGGLE SEARCH if you can make heads or tails out it...

"The H. E. Bailey Turnpike takes a generally south to north route from Wichita Falls to Lawton before turning northeast toward Oklahoma City. The turnpike's 25 miles (40 km) southern section begins at US 70, 6 miles (9.7 km) north of the Texas state line. US 277 and US 281 leave I-44 at US 70, and together run parallel to the Turnpike. The turnpike runs north-northeast for 15 miles, intersecting SH 5 along with US 277 and US 281. A toll plaza is located underneath the SH 5 overpass; loop ramps feed all entering and exiting traffic into the toll plaza. Just north of SH 5, a Service Area is located in the median of the turnpike, featuring food, fuel, and restroom amenities, as well as an Oklahoma Welcome Center. The turnpike then continues north for ten more miles until it again reaches US 277 and US 281, also intersecting SH 36. The turnpike temporarily ends at this interchange, and the two US Routes join a free ODOT-maintained I-44 through Lawton. "

Roy Ken

I looked at google and couldnt really tell for sure where the tolls started. I want to go from Breckenridge, TX to Choctaw OK without using a toll road, Im sure there are several ways to get to I-35 but was thinking of going to Wichita Falls and taking US-70 North of Wichita Falls to I-35

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS