cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Rieco-Titan Swing Away on AF990?

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone done the Rieco-Titan Products RSB-2A Swing Away bracket install on an AF990?

They claim it will give 4" per side of increased width but that's not possible as they are only 2.25" wide on one side.

It appears they bolt on over the corner brackets where the current jack is installed and then the jack is re-mounted on the swing away bracket but looking at the 990 corners and they appear to have angle iron corner pieces that extend outward. I'll have to block up the camper and remove a jack to see if this makes any sense but my first look is suggesting I'd get a max of 2.25 to 2.5" of extension on both sides or a total of 5" overall. Not the 4" per side the swing away supposedly would give.

Thoughts? I'll post pics when I get some.
2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990
13 REPLIES 13

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
I get my tie downs on Tuesday so should be able to get things installed and the camper mounted for a trial run this weekend.
2019 AF990

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
Oh I guess I have several log in id`s active , I logged in with a old one
I have one from 2004 I cant remember , I guess that's why I`m a 'senior ' member

okanstar
Explorer
Explorer
NEW MEMBER? how did I go from a senior member to a new member?

okanstar
Explorer
Explorer
If your brackets on the camper are parallel to the side wall - most campers are - them the Swing Away`s wont give you 4" per side . they give you that much if the brackets are perpendicular to the side wall.

They still give you more than a used set of Atwoods though , the distance from the center of the hinge to the holes to mount the jacks are more than the Atwoods

But the Reico EZ Swings will give you way more clearance if your brackets are parallel to the side of the camper . I put both on my Lance , long story , I did have to cut a small 1/4 " 45 degree notch at the top of the plate to clear the Atwood jack motor cowl ,no big deal and touch it up with white paint

The ez swings have a latch like the happy jacks , you bump the bottom of the hinge pin up to release them , you have to lift the jack with the swing aways and the old Atwood dually extentions

You can just use a plate to extend the old Atwoods but in a closed position that moves the jack closer to the truck and is a problem with rear doors opening o some trucks

The EZ Swings are the nicest but are expensive

http://www.riecotitan.com/accessories/swingawayez.php

djg
Explorer
Explorer
You can also buy extender plates that move the jacks out further thats what I use on mine then you don't have to worry about them n being too close.

Dave
2015 Livnlite Camplite TC10
1995 Ford F-350 dually 7.3 Diesel

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell me I'm not the only one that's forgotten to turn them out? more accurately I forgot to fold 1 of them out. Crumpled the fender on my brand new truck.

I couldn't believe it though, just backed up again and the fender popped right out, a bit of baking powder to get rid of the paint transfer and can't even tell anything happened. May be one advantage of the Ford plastic add-on fenders.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Loading/unloading on a dually is nerve racking. I double and triple jack to be sure my jacks are out.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the 10153 brackets because they looked stronger. They work for my 990 and my Ram dually
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Kind of hard to measure, though the swingout bracket itself extends width (from center out 1 side), it's the rotation of the jack orientation that gives total amount moved if that makes sense...
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
toddb wrote:
I put them on my 992, clears the dually fenders but they are pretty close. I lowered the front of the camper on the end of the bed until the jack came off ground. Pretty quick install.

I was thinking of doing just that. Figured it would be the fastest and easiest way.

Sadly, I won't have my tie downs installed until next week 😞

Wanted to test out this weekend but I will have to wait.
2019 AF990

Bedlam
I used the Atwood brackets on my Arctic Fox. They were cheaper but not as sturdy as the Reico Titan model. I was able to clear an 8’ wide flatbed with either bracket (I have the RT bracket on the Host which uses the same brand jacks).

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I put them on my 992, clears the dually fenders but they are pretty close. I lowered the front of the camper on the end of the bed until the jack came off ground. Pretty quick install.

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
I looked again and mounting in place of the jacks will work. It does appear to give me about 5" total though which might give me 2" per side to spare....but then it only has to provide that to pass the dually fenders.....
2019 AF990