Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Was rear ended on the highway
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Day County sheriffs department told me to call back on Monday it usually takes five days for the accident report to be completed so now it’s just a waiting game. Waiting for my trailer to be hauled off so I can drive to Nashville and stay with a friend

Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was traveling between 55-57 mph

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/19 12:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're in Dade County not Day County Ga. Must be down I59. The other insurance will probably offer to put you in a motel, but don't bet on it and if they do, do not sign any forms abrogating your authority. If your Insurance USAA is handling then you already have, to them. Still the other company will want to demonstrate good will. As to your insurance handling the claim still do not expect to get everything money wise you expect. I do suggest you contact VA Patient Advocate and let them steer you to help. I'm not sure where VA is in GA but don't think Dade County has one. Chattanooga has a good clinic in the Brainerd area. VA probably is nto schooled in Car Insurance claims in and outs.
Best of all,is if you have Children who have your interest in mind to turn too.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/19 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

JaxDad,

Here is what the Original Poster posted on page one......

Kennydean wrote:

Thank you all for your advice. The adjuster should be at the camp site in about an hour. Some information. The police could not give me any info on the diver related to insurance. But he said that the speedometer was stuck at 82. There was no skid marks. I was in the right lane going 55-57 mph when I was hit. This has put me into a depression and I have been in menu. I got a rental on Tuesday then went to ER. Had to go back this morning. I just don’t know how they determine if it’s totaled or not. Manyat the park that heard all the noises my truck and trail made coming in.came over to look. But if my slide is connected bolted into the frame and with the thrust of the impact could it affect the frame? Guess I will know this evening. I was told it’s a cost ratio for everything. I know the officer told me it was not my fault and was the other drivers 100 percent at fault. I am hoping this doesn’t go on my records. Because having a Trumatic brain injury TBI I am evaluated every two years. Thank you all again and will post after the adjuster finishers. Oh the adjuster is from usaa.

MM.

What number the speedometer stops at is meaningless, it only means one thing, where the needle stopped.

If something jammed the needle it could just have easily jammed it at the wrong speed too.

Very few speedo’s these days are mechanical, with a cable to the trans, most are electronic giving a reading based off a speed sensor.

The ONLY reliable method is to download the ‘crash data’ from the cars computer.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guys! Who give a schiitt how fast the other guy was going and how fast
Kennydean was going...
He got hit hard, asked for some advice and you armchair CSI's are trying to figger out if he's telling the truth about it or something??

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to a reputable Orthopedic Surgeon. Consult with a Lawyer. Get with YOUR insurance company claims department NOW.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/19 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks grit dog! Waiting for trailer to get picked up . Yeah all day but all I have is time. Then to a hotel and up to Nashville to drop off first load. And return to get everything that in my understorage.let Usaa do their thing and see where it takes me. Wonder if the old vet was in a comma for18 months and lost a leg and eye. I am proud of my 35 years and 4 tours. Would do it again. Saying your a wounded warrior doesn’t lessen Veterans it makes us stronger. Band of brothers strong! Wonder if that vet donates 1/2 his pension to GOLD STAR wives and husbands. Thank you for all your advice. I am signing off!

Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

Mr.Mark wrote:

JaxDad,

Here is what the Original Poster posted on page one......

Kennydean wrote:

Thank you all for your advice. The adjuster should be at the camp site in about an hour. Some information. The police could not give me any info on the diver related to insurance. But he said that the speedometer was stuck at 82. There was no skid marks. I was in the right lane going 55-57 mph when I was hit. This has put me into a depression and I have been in menu. I got a rental on Tuesday then went to ER. Had to go back this morning. I just don’t know how they determine if it’s totaled or not. Manyat the park that heard all the noises my truck and trail made coming in.came over to look. But if my slide is connected bolted into the frame and with the thrust of the impact could it affect the frame? Guess I will know this evening. I was told it’s a cost ratio for everything. I know the officer told me it was not my fault and was the other drivers 100 percent at fault. I am hoping this doesn’t go on my records. Because having a Trumatic brain injury TBI I am evaluated every two years. Thank you all again and will post after the adjuster finishers. Oh the adjuster is from usaa.

MM.

What number the speedometer stops at is meaningless, it only means one thing, where the needle stopped.

If something jammed the needle it could just have easily jammed it at the wrong speed too.

Very few speedo’s these days are mechanical, with a cable to the trans, most are electronic giving a reading based off a speed sensor.

The ONLY reliable method is to download the ‘crash data’ from the cars computer.

Hey JaxDad,

You asked a question and I just posted what the Original Poster said, thats all.

I'm just glad the guy is OK and hope that he can be made whole.

MM.

Mr.Mark

2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo w/1,750 lb. ft. of torque, 1.5 baths, 4 slides.
2017 Lincoln MKX AWD V6 335 hp twin turbo.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Mark, no worries whatsoever, I realize you were just clarifying the OP’s comment.

Likewise, I was just trying to point out that what the speedo stops at is a meaningless number.

I agree, everyone’s OK really is the important point. They make new trucks & RV’s day, they’re easily replaced.

Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 10:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello folks maybe someone could help me with an issue. With my fifth wheel gone is there a site I can sell my equipment that I had for my fifth wheel . Would be to heavy to mail. Trying to recoop some money. Thank you

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS