Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Was rear ended on the highway
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Craigs List

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/19 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're going to buy another RV why take a beating on selling it used then buying it again new?

The ins. co. should give you a suitable rental truck / van to load all your possessions home or pay to ship it.

I've done this for friends a few times now.

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/19 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's past time to let your lawyer do the talking. Get the meanest junkyard dog you can find and turn it loose.
I got hit from the rear many years ago and still have some neck problems . I unwisely just let my insurance take care of my truck so have learned a lesson.

doxiemom11

Paris, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/19 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure to ask the adjuster if you have coverage to stay in a hotel since you have to be off site, especially if it's a total. They may pay for awhile until they pay you off and for a limited amount of days afterward so you can shop for replacements. Also ask if you have coverage for a rental car or if the person who hit you would have to pay for any of this under the laws of the state you are in.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 11:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Near as I can tell, there's no reason you can't or shouldn't have the other party's insurance info by now, as well.
What's your policy say? What about the other party?
Loss of use
Rental vehicle
Medical coverage
Vehicle and camper collision coverage

Sounds like there's no doubt truck and trailer is totaled.
It may seem daunting, but squeaky wheel gets the grease and unless there's something else to the equation than what you've told us, you should not be out of pocket for this permanently.

If you don't know or understand your policy, now is the time to get help figuring it out.
If you don't have full coverage on your belongings then you' better get after the other insurance company.
Good luck man.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

It's past time to let your lawyer do the talking. Get the meanest junkyard dog you can find and turn it loose.
I got hit from the rear many years ago and still have some neck problems . I unwisely just let my insurance take care of my truck so have learned a lesson.

Be prepared to pay that "meanest junkyard dog lawyer" 40 percent of your money. Insurance Co. doesn't care because they will have to pay the money anyway.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Be prepared to pay that "meanest junkyard dog lawyer" 40 percent of your money."

What happened to 1/3 plus expenses? I suppose it could end up being 40% but what I stated is Industry standard.

Personally I would represent my self for anything beyond basic replacement that your Insurance company should handle.

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/19 11:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Be prepared to pay that "meanest junkyard dog lawyer" 40 percent of your money."

What happened to 1/3 plus expenses? I suppose it could end up being 40% but what I stated is Industry standard.

Personally I would represent my self for anything beyond basic replacement that your Insurance company should handle.

Around here 1/3 and 40% if case goes to court & you win a judgement. You go after the moron who was speeding ( unless the accident was on Tx Hwy 130, 85 limit) for every dime he has or ever will have.
My son the attorney likes to remind folks that anyone representing thier self in court has a fool for a client [emoticon] He is strictly a counselor for a major corp advising on policy's/procedures that keep them out of legal problems.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 05:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did and closed out just under one year instead of the standard three. I did VERY well.

I consulted with my Lawyer neighbor and Insurance Agent of many years.

Stare Farm saved $ and I made $. A happy ending for all!

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/19 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not get a lawyer involved until you see what the insurance is going to do. Most of the time in my business when lawyers got involved they were the ones that got the money after the mess was cleared up.
You are dealing with a very good company, give them a chance to work for you.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS