Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Was rear ended on the highway
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Lexx

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/19 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please ckntact an attorney ASAP. You are under no obligation to use the attorney after an initial consult unless you sign a retainer. This way at least you know where you stand legally.

I have a very hard time believing there is only $1000 damage to your truck. I bet there is hidden damage somewhere that will rear its ugly head down the line.

Get the trailer totaled and collect the GAP ins. Pay off the loan and buy a replacement trailer. I would never trust any trailer that had $17k damage.

By the way, from what I read in forums, Camping World is one of the worst places to have repairs done at. The maker of my trailer Grand Design, won’t even authorize warranty repairs at CW.

Since you are the injured party you have the right to have the repairs done at the facility of YOUR choice.

Good luck with all of this. Sorry it happened to you.

2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GET A LAWYER NOW! DON'T STALL ANY LONGER! find one that specializes in auto accidents and will handle it on a contingency plan, YOU DON'T PAY ANYTHING, LAWYER COST COME FROM THE SETTELMENT. you shouldn't have a problem at all. the other insurance should be paying all your cost, everything.
PLEASE GET THAT LAWYER NOW! IF your NOT CARFULL your going to get SCREWED.
Jay D.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

GET A LAWYER NOW! DON'T STALL ANY LONGER! find one that specializes in auto accidents and will handle it on a contingency plan, YOU DON'T PAY ANYTHING, LAWYER COST COME FROM THE SETTELMENT. you shouldn't have a problem at all. the other insurance should be paying all your cost, everything.
PLEASE GET THAT LAWYER NOW! IF your NOT CARFULL your going to get SCREWED.
Jay D.

X100. I had an accident like yours and I did not get an attorney at first and that was a BIG mistake.

This process will take a year and you will be overwhelmed before you know it.

Do exactly what the above statement says and everything will be taken care of.

An attorney will do things that you have not even thought of yet.

PLEASE do not wait any longer!

aguablanco

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/19 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

You might want to work into the conversation with the adjuster the fact you have GAP insurance and you are upside down. He may take mercy on you (and realize you come out net the same with a low retail settlement as you would with a high retail settlement). That could be a win/win for both you and the insurance company. For the GAP insurance provider, not so much. Be sure to do your research on the GAP insurance before you do anything. You don't want a problem to arise. Anybody out there think this is a bad idea??

Asking for assistance from someone, or some company, whose only purpose is to get rid of the problem as inexpensively as possible seems like desperation to me, and it will most likely be taken as weakness by them. You cannot rely on "The kindness of strangers" in this situation. Why let them use the GAP insurance you paid for to limit their liability? While I see myself as a fair person, and I am certain you see yourself as one also, why should you be concerned with allowing them a win? Their insured rear ended you! Let them take responsibility and resolve the matter to your benefit and approval.

You may also seek the advice of a Private Adjuster in place of an attorney. I would be in my insurance agents office letting them know that I am not happy with their current level of representation and would be asking them to step up to the plate and make certain that I am made whole for my entire loss including, loss of use, full repair or replacement, medical costs and whatever else you have been denied because of the negligence of the at fault driver. One doesn't have to be rude to be made whole, but being assertive is almost always necessary.

BTW, I agree with others who have said the $1000 estimate on the truck seems low. There will, most likely, be issues down the road and you will not want to deal with them when they surface. And neither will any insurance company.
RichH
Not an attorney but been in a few accidents in my life.

2017 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to add to my post above DON'T SIGN anything until you talk to an lawyer.
Jay D.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

to add to my post above DON'T SIGN anything until you talk to an lawyer.
Jay D.

Also, I would not give a recorded statement over the phone or in person.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nothing new in the crash? I hope everything is all right with him.
Jay D.

Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, yeah a lot has gone on. I have the truck back there are two supplemental’s that didn’t get fixed yet and you’ll give a estimate of $1059 to have the slide hitch repaired. On the trailer they estimated $8000 now to fix it. When they called to tell me that the parts were almost all In and they would let me know when all of them came in I asked her to send me what they were going to work on And fix. After reading what they were going to do. I sent a list of 10 more things that was clear in sight if they looked and if the adjuster wrote what he said he did. The service manager said he would write it up in The supplemental paperwork whatever that means. I did my best to check out what the bluebook was on my trailer. It’s a cougar fifth wheel 25 RKS and I see it between 17000 and 19000. I wonder what the diminished value is to it. I wonder if they would add the diminished value towards the cost of fixing it? And I’m sure it’s gonna be more money after they fix the items I told them that needed to be fixed. They said they already ordered the parts so I guess I’m kind of stuck . Having to have to get it fixed and not trying to get it totaled. Any ideas out there

Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Note from $17,000 adjuster to site $8000 plus I bet more adding the things they left off.

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My free advice.... CONTACT AN ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY.

* This post was edited 08/01/19 04:47pm by Gulfcoast *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS