Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Was rear ended on the highway
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev
Kennydean

GA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can a lawyer help with getting a trailer totaled?

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/19 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kennydean wrote:

After all this time you still haven't talked to an attorney ? The person that hit you and their insurance are laughing their a#% off that you are letting them tell you what they are going to do to you .

aguablanco

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/19 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

Kennydean wrote:

After all this time you still haven't talked to an attorney ? The person that hit you and their insurance are laughing their a#% off that you are letting them tell you what they are going to do to you .

While I may have put it more diplomatically, I couldn't agree more. While I hope they can repair the damage as though it never happened, that is probably the least likely outcome you could experience. I mean no offense, really, but you are letting an adjuster who, most likely, gets a bonus for settling a case for less than the expected amount tell you what is going to happen to your property that his insured damaged. If you will not seek legal advice please stop asking for it here.
RichH

2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 10:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Man I feel bad about this. Seems like your ins is jerking you around when they can subrogate everything to the at fault party.
Always hard to tell what's wrong over the Internet, but the trailer seems like it's totaled to me and well, the truck may have escaped major damage easily if it just bent the hitch.

Either way it's in your best interest to get ahold of an attorney yesterday IMO as you're halfway down the road to receiving a halfway fixed camper back.
And the more they do to the camper, the more that's invested in it for repairs and harder to get a total vs repair.
Good luck buddy.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/19 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CLOSED

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Was rear ended on the highway
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.