cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freightliner M2

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
thinking about upgrading to a Freightliner M2 to pull our hauler. Does anyone have one and can give us the pros and cons?
4 REPLIES 4

dedmiston
How big is your hauler? Just curious why you're looking at something that big instead of a dually?

When I registered and insured my dually, my insurance agent told me that I was pretty close to the limit for a personal policy and that a bigger truck would require a commercial policy (and/or another carrier).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bedlam
Many low mileage M2's are available for a reasonable price, but new prices seem excessive. I have a Class 5 truck for my heavy truck camper because I also tow a heavy trailer behind it resulting in a 3.5 ton payload. I considered the M2, but it sat too high to top it off with a truck camper.

The suspension on these is harsh unless loaded down or you have air-ride. I would not consider one without using an air cushioned hitch or suspension.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

crazybanshee
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this site for info http://www.rvnetwork.com/forum/14-mdt/
2007 Volvo VNL780
2017 Momentum 397th
2 Honda 400EX's
3 Yamaha Banshees
Honda 250EX
15 Polaris 900 S VOODOO Blue
15 Polaris 900 S Titanium Matte Metal
17 Polaris S 1000 Stealth Black
Polaris Outlaw 110

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at the freightliner M2 to pull my 15,000lb 5th wheel. This was based upon comments from many RVers on the medium duty and RV forums. The posts indicated satisfaction with the M2 as a tow vehicle. Comfort and safety were the main indicators.

I found a great deal on a Chevy C4500 that had been upfitted with similar suspension, interior and options as the M2. It tows my trailer like a dream.