cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT Covers

Sanddragger
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advice on TT Covers. Hope this is not a redundant question. Living in the PNW can be a bear on any RV. Looking for advice on a good waterproof cover. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the day when I parked my TT on our property for over 15 years in that I covered it probably half of the winters. To be honest, covering it was a pain in the neck. It was a lot of work: I would duck tape pads to the corners because the fabric will tear over time; when I would take it off in the spring there would be crud/mildew on the TT exterior. The alternative was to stop covering it. Not covering worked out better for me in the long run.

We are blessed to have covered storage for our TT in a local storage yard. The expense is very worth to us.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Sanddragger
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all.If we purchase a cover, we will send it here for review.
Mike

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Just an observation-
We store our 5th wheel in a lot with nearly 200 RVs. I see new RVs come in to be stored and the owner will use a cover for about a year and then you never see the RV covered again. Over the 20 years we've been at this lot I've seen no fewer than 40 RVs where this is the case. We are in southern California within 6 miles of the ocean so weather is not really a factor other than lots of sun and fog in May and June.

I'm guessing it becomes too much of an effort to put the cover on versus the benefit derived by covering it. Our 5th wheel has been uncovered the entire 20 years and it shines up like new when washed and waxed. The EDPM roof is still in good shape. I do wash the RV at least twice per year and wax it every other year.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
The cover should drop below your camper so the straps should only rub underneath.
I bought an ADCO one for a decent price, I forget the model, basic car cover woven waffle poly fabric, but I did make the mistake of getting one with no zippers or Velcro for the doors. It would be nice to be able to get into the TT while covered. One season, no probs. Pad those protrusions and sharp edges. Pool noodles are cheap and useful. I used short sections over th gutter tips. Pipe insulation works the same but pre sliced and oft has a glue edge.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We did a lot of research and per a local dealer, PermaPro by Classic Accessories was highly recommended.

This is the other model recommended to me.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Popular topic. Search this Forum for `RV cover'. We use a Sunshield tarp as previously described.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I used an Adco cover on my TT for almost 10 years! I only had a couple rub marks on the lower skirting but that was where it wrapped under so it really wasn't seen. When I traded it in it still looked like new and all the decals looked like new. If you get a cover get the Aqua Shed version. Those are the ones you need for a wet climate.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
I tried an ADCO cover this past winter. Never again. It did more damage than good. My tt is 6 years old and had never been covered before and still looked new. I found the cover new in box at a garage sale for $80 so I figured why not. It fit snug and was strapped properly. I had to remove my rain gutters to fit and so they wouldnโ€™t tear holes in the corners.

The black aluminum bottom skirting on my trailer now has 4 places that are rubbed bare from the straps, the front cap finish is dull and has a cross worn into it from the cross strapping and every roof protrusion wore holes or tore the cover. It shredded around the antenna, AC, and roof vents. It didnโ€™t last 4 months and is now in the garbage.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley