Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: External TPMS recommendations?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> External TPMS recommendations?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/19 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I were in the market for a TPMS I would give this system some serious thought.

[image]

Much better than having to wait and watch for several minutes to see all pressures with my TST system.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who watches their TPMS screen? That's what the alarm, or passenger, is for. Taking your eyes off the road to see the screen is not smart. Keep your eyes on the road and let the electronics do their thing.

* This post was edited 07/18/19 11:27am by an administrator/moderator *

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/19 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So you never look at your instrument panel to check you speed, oil pressures or engine temperatures!!

I check my tire pressures for pressure trends that occur before the alarm points. One time I noticed a tire was loosing pressure and I pulled over at the next safe place. This is what I found.

[image]

Have I waited until I got an alarm I may not have been able to find a safe place to pull over before the tire failed and tore up my trailer.

* This post was edited 07/18/19 11:27am by an administrator/moderator *

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A glance tells me all I need to know with regard to instruments. You specifically said "wait and watch for several minutes", that's not a glance. And yes, it's possible you might not have found a spot to pull over immediately, and it's also possible that you might have rear-ended someone while you were looking, not glancing, at your TPMS screen. Personally I think the latter scenario is worse by far.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RCMAN46 wrote:

If I were in the market for a TPMS I would give this system some serious thought.

[image]

Much better than having to wait and watch for several minutes to see all pressures with my TST system.

Several minutes ? I have the TST 507 , it continually displays tire pressure , and temperature . Although it does not show all four at once , it scrolls thru all four in just seconds, no minutes involved . Not sure what you are talking about, plus as said whether its displayed all the time or every few seconds , the alarm is the key.

Sure if you are staring at it continually you will see a change, not interested in doing that , The alarm works for me .

I am sure the one you are referencing is great, but the TST gets the job done as needed

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RCMAN46 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

RCMAN46 wrote:

[image]

Who watches their TPMS screen? That's what the alarm, or passenger, is for. Taking your eyes off the road to see the screen is not smart. Keep your eyes on the road and let the electronics do their thing.

So you never look at your instrument panel to check you speed, oil pressures or engine temperatures!!

I check my tire pressures for pressure trends that occur before the alarm points. One time I noticed a tire was loosing pressure and I pulled over at the next safe place. This is what I found.

[image]

Have I waited until I got an alarm I may not have been able to find a safe place to pull over before the tire failed and tore up my trailer.

Way too many variables for your analogy . Sudden loss of air blowouts etc etc. That bolt its a slow leak I got mine set for very little loss of air, to protect against what you are worried about. Yup, lots of variables .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> External TPMS recommendations?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS