cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Thor Hurricane 34N roof air

95impala
Explorer
Explorer
I am concerned there is a problem with my roof air. When the unit is on there is no air flow through the roof vent openings only the unit it self. How do I get airflow through all vents?
7 REPLIES 7

95impala
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the help, I found that the cover had been put on backwards, when I turned it around all good!!

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with gvisnic and accsys. Before you do anything else, make sure the "chill grill" is closed on the air conditioner itself. There should be a little tab that slides and closes off the airflow through the grate and this will (should!) direct the chilled air to the A/C ducts.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
gvisnic wrote:
Shut the vents on the A/C unit itself, should re-direct air to the other vents

That's the way our 2006 34N worked. You have to close the vents om the A/C so it will send that air flow through the roof ducts.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
Shut the vents on the A/C unit itself, should re-direct air to the other vents

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pull a couple vent out, most slip out. Put a light in one facing the other vent that you pull out. Take a small mirror or cell with camera and put up in hole and try to look back to the the light. Do all the vents runs. If it the duct then usually it come loose near the a/c unit output into the duct. Might have to look inside the unit from the top also.

95impala
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if it is ducted or not, there are multiple ducts in the ceiling

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
a little more info please? Is this a ducted unit or does it blow straight down out of the unit? If ducted, it may be the duct had become disconnected from the unit.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow