cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to clean tri-lam?

joe_julie81
Explorer
Explorer
We live in a very humid, moisture laden climate. The tent fabric of the pop-up (tri-lam?) tends to get a little mold / mildew from time to time. I have used diluted bleach and then clear water to wipe it off. I wonder what others are using with good results especially before packing the camper away for a couple of months.
04 Dodge 3500 dually, HO CTD, 6 spd NV5600, 4.10 anti-spin rear axle; 2018 NorthStar 950sc with 320 solar, sub-zero package, compressor fridge, torklift tie downs
3 REPLIES 3

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good luck with Spray Nine for all types of RV cleaning .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

joe_julie81
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll try that.
04 Dodge 3500 dually, HO CTD, 6 spd NV5600, 4.10 anti-spin rear axle; 2018 NorthStar 950sc with 320 solar, sub-zero package, compressor fridge, torklift tie downs

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good success with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the fabrics of all my camper awnings. After cleaning your camper fabric, try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser as a follow up. Make it good and wet and simply wipe it over the material and let it dry.

I have found the chemicals in the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser prevents black and mold growth. One cleaning on my awnings a year and I never have mold or black (dead mashed bugs are a different matter though.)

Anyway, it's something you might try. Remember, with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, never scrub a non solid or painted surface. Wipe only, no hard pressure. (If in doubt, test a small area first, see what happens).

FYI, when we our tent camper (pop-up), I'd clean the fabric, then when dry, spray the dickens out of it with tent spray sealer. It seems to help, until I discovered the Mr. Clean, and then I never had problems again.

Good luck.