cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newmar Ventana LE Recommended Tire Pressures

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
Running Michelin tires 275/75R22.5. Listed pressures seem high to me at 130PSI in Front and 120 PSI on rear...Is there an opinion as to what weights are best both for smooth driving/safety and diesel mileage??

Presently actual pressures on the unit vary from 105-120....Comments appreciated...
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif
6 REPLIES 6

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suggest you plan a little trip to Bushnell ( about 1 hour from Kissimmee) and for $45 they will weigh each wheel and measure your height. Once you have the weights, refer to the Michelin chart to see what the proper PSI is.

Here's a link with the info
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
HighwayJunky wrote:
...Is there an opinion as to what weights are best both for smooth driving/safety and diesel mileage

Iโ€™ll add in tire wear, tire longevity

The pressures on the placard are your best bet to achieve your stated goals. Lowering your pressures can give you a better ride, but may affect other objectives. Keep in mind the tire chart simply states the minimum pressure required to support the weight. No other factors included.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Weight each side and use the heavy side for the axle.

Also useful for deteriming that you have a significant side to side imbalance.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The above post is correct other than you should actually try to get each wheel weighed for an accurate determination of tire pressure. If you are just weighing front and rear you can use the Michelin pressure guide but you should add 5# to try to accommodate one side being somewhat heavier than the other. No one on the forum can tell you the correct pressure. No one. You must know the RV weights before making any adjustments. Never exceed the pressure listed on the tire sidewalls and be sure your tires are cold when you set the pressure.

This....my tires say 110psi on the sidewall, but my weights gave me 80psi front, 85 rear. MUCH better ride and handling.

Al

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The above post is correct other than you should actually try to get each wheel weighed for an accurate determination of tire pressure. If you are just weighing front and rear you can use the Michelin pressure guide but you should add 5# to try to accommodate one side being somewhat heavier than the other. No one on the forum can tell you the correct pressure. No one. You must know the RV weights before making any adjustments. Never exceed the pressure listed on the tire sidewalls and be sure your tires are cold when you set the pressure.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pressures listed in RV are maximum pressures.
The only way to know the correct pressure is to weigh the RV then use Michelinโ€™s inflation table to determine correct pressure.

When you weigh the RV, you need the front axle weight and the rear axle weight. Then calculate pressures accordingly.
With my RV, it worked out that all my pressures on all tires are the same which makes it easy to remember, but your results may be different.