cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Owners Manual

Nedens
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2000 Mountainhigh Coachworks Summitt and are looking for owners manual. I can't seem to find much information at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My rv came with a good 10+ pounds of mauals. There are manuals for windows for manual's sake. Mirrors. The Door. Things I'll never even touch.. Invisible stuff (I should have put quotes around that it's visible if you contort properly) about he only thing that did not have a manual was the Drive shaft and U-Joints.

Like I said the RV book and the RV owner's handbook are good Generic owner's manuals. and all the "Stuff" you can download hte manual from the maker.

ONE exception.. A Dometic microwave (At least the model I have) Dometic did nto make it.. lousy goods did. So you download (Same model number) from LG. the LG name appears on the model ident tag however.. alas like all Lousy Goods products I've owned.. IT DID NOT WORK right.. I had to modify it and now it's great.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Times have changed! For my 1976 FMC I have three manuals: owners manual, parts manual and service manual plus appliance manuals. Wiring, plumbing and other diagrams and many exploded diagrams of virtually all parts of the coach.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Our previous MH was a 2001 Residency made by MHC Group which superseded Mountain High Coachworks. Mountain High Coachworks was a spin off from Thor West. They operated about a year as MHC Group and made their last MH about Just 2001 when creditors closed their doors for the last time. Gordie Hakes was the owner at the time. They had new models on the books and in press releases at the time they ran out of money and financing options.

Like has been said, all of the appliances and accessories are industry standard as is the chassis. There is plenty of documentation about those items available by searching for them by model number.

The Summit was their entry into the diesel motorhome market. I don't know the mfg of your chassis (Spartan?) - just that it's a diesel pusher.
Thor Industries West

Operating from 1991 to 1999, Thor Industries West constructed a range of Class A motorhomes. Ranging from 26 to 36.5 feet in length, Thor Industries West motorhomes features comfortable accommodations for family vacationing on the open road or at the campground. Thor Industries West motorhome business would be known as Mountainhigh Coachworks past the 1999 model year.

Attached to Class A motorhomes, Mountainhigh Coachworks was assembled in 2000 after prior connection to Thor Industries West. Selling the Pinnacle, Residency and Summit series motorhomes spanning from 31 to 39 feet, Mountainhigh Coachworks were premium equipped recreational products featuring the additional interior space of up to two slide-out sections. Mountainhigh Coachworks ceased operations after the 2001 model year.

Production of the high end model Residency model began in 1994 and continued into June 2001 when Mountain High Coachworks then operating as MHC Group ceased all operations.

Notes: Manufacturer note(s): MOTORHOMES - All model prices include air conditioner, generator, spare tire/carrier, TV/VCR, water htr with DSI, microwave, back-up camera and leveling jacks. Residency models also include solar charge for A/C, convection/microwave, awning, drivers side door and 4 door refrigerator. After model year 2000, units are produced by the MHC Group.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Nedens
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I'll keep searching.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Chum leeโ€™s comments are good.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are two books.. Both are much alike but very minor differences. I can not recommend one over the other but pick one

The RV Owner's handbook
THe RV Book

THen for every appliance Stove, Fridge, Microwave, Water pump, Converter, Fans, in fact even mirrors windows doors counter tops and floors (Steps too) if you can identify the make and model download the PDF from the manufacturer's web site to your hard drive.

Google is your friend.. Example Google: Dometic Model 1124321092 Refrigerator Manual.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
A quick search shows that you most likely have a Ford F53 chassis with a V10. You should think of your MH as TWO separate entities. The chassis, made by Ford, and the coach, made/assembled by Mountain High Coachworks. You should be able to find a Ford Owners manual online. Google is your friend. You should also be able to find a Ford Factory Shop/Service manual with wiring diagrams FOR THE CHASSIS ONLY. (if you are so inclined) For the coach, you'll most likely have to rely on the individual component manufacturers owner/operators/installation manuals which are available online. Google is your friend, again. There is fairly good documentation available for things like the generator, water heater, rooftop A/C units, furnace, refrigerator, converter, water pump, toilet, stairs, etc. Just find the model# (on the unit itself) and have the year handy when researching. It's not a newer car, its an older motor home.

Chum lee

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
There may be exceptions, but RV owners manuals basically are a joke, if they exist at all. Keystone uses the same basic "owner's manual" for almost every Keystone camper they manufacture under their brand. (Same basic one in the last 3 of our campers). Being a 2000 model, chances are slim you'll find anything (but maybe not impossible).

What does exist are the manuals for the various appliances in your RV, refrigerator, trailer frame, axles, stove, water heater, furnace, and microwave if you have one and any other appliances you may have. New campers (like mine) didn't even have these manuals included. I had to search each one out via on-line internet to piece meal all the components of my current camper. I had no clue how to operate either television, no instructions included. No clue how the refrigerator worked (all electric), how the ice maker worked, or anything. Everything is now on-line internet item-by-item owner's manuals for each specific item in your camper. Frustrating ... ABSOLUTELY YES.

Forget about getting anything like wiring diagrams or plumbing schematic or anything like that. RV manufactures absolutely do not publish those type of documents.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but "it is what it is."

Your biggest source of help is the internet, appliance and parts manufacturer web sites, and YouTube videos.

Yours being a motor home, you might get lucky and still have an owner's manual on the engine and chassis. Ford-Chevy-or other may be able to help you with that if you don't have the basic operators manual for the main chassis.