cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seasonal Site

jules6
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone using their Class A Motorhome on a seasonsl site, instead of a travel trailer?
9 REPLIES 9

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
jules6 wrote:
Is anyone using their Class A Motorhome on a seasonsl site, instead of a travel trailer?
I have seen a Class A seasonal at a campground we frequent. In my opinion, they have the best setup there.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
I use my 21' at a seasonal campsite...and use it to travel in the rest of the seasons.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I had friends who left there Class A MH in storage in Yuma yr after yr.Never drove it except from storage, less than 1 mile to there rental lot for 5 months. Each yr it cost him money for a new starter, etc, etc. I finally talked him into selling the MH and renting a Park Model. This past season was there first in the Park Model and they were very happy that they made the switch
samsontdog:o:W

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
jules6 wrote:
There are many ownership parks that are Class A only. Go to any of the old Outdoor Resorts parks in Florida, California, Michigan, Nevada etc. and you will see multiple million dollar rigs on their sites for the season.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We used our 32' Class C with 2 slides for the first 2 years we seasonal camped. We loved the Motorhome, but it wasn't practical at all for seasonal camping for us (family of 4, no pets). We started seasonal camping in the Class C because it is what we had and we still camped after we left for the season.

We decided a 40' Destination TT was better for the 5 month season. We leave it at the campground, so had to give up camping when home. It was a good trade off since we lived in the TT for 5 months straight. Having a 40' TT with 4 slides and bunkhouse with half bath for the kids made our seasonal camping experience so much more enjoyable.

If we were in your shoes, we would try using the Class A for a season before deciding. It may work out fine for you. We have several campers at our seasonal campground that seasonal camp in a Class A and have for years.

Before we camped seasonally, we tried a month long trip, then a 6 week trip at the same campground in the Class C to see if it would work out. After camping the first full season in the Class C we realized we endured the small space for the 1 month and 6 week trip. Camping a full season was a different story. We would have purchased the TT a year sooner, but by the time we finally decided what we wanted, the dealer sold the last one they had, no other Jayco dealers within a few hundred miles had one and Jayco wasn't building anymore that season. They would if we ordered one, but it would take about 8 weeks to deliver.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you still do a lot of travel (outside the season), it's OK.

But if it's purely a seasonal use thing, makes no sense to let the drivetrain rot in place.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are seasonal for our 1st summer in our motorhome. We will keep this as we still travel, but eventually we will probably do what our neighbors did. They sold the motorhome, purchased a brand new trailer that will sit in MI for summers. They have a park model in Florida. They will now just drive between the two with their car.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Where I have my seasonal several people started out in a motorhome then usually purchased a TT or 5er for additional room.

Starting out with what you have is a great way to see if a seasonal is for you without making a large investment.

Going on 13 years at the seasonal. I still travel and own another RV for this.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
It can be done. Using a new or newer MH as a park model trailer is an expensive decision however IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad