cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Naps

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since I retired in April, naps have become an important part of my daily routine. A couple of notable ones this year:

Early April, up early to go fishing. Cleaned a mess of crappie. 3.5 mile hike in the afternoon, then fried the fish along with hush puppies and fries. Sitting by the fire reading, I dozed off about 10. Woke up around midnight, threw a little more wood on the fire and read until 2 or so. Dozed off for 45 minutes and went into the RV to bed.

Mid-May. Drove a little more than an hour to meet some friends for lunch. Great meal and great conversation. Driving back to the campground, the rain cut loose. When we got back to the rig, boss lady put her head on my shoulder and we slept until after dark. Stayed up late drinking wine by the fire.

Early June, we hauled the granddaughters 3 hours to our favorite campground. Lunch, and 5 hours of chasing them on bikes and hiking trails, grandma fixed supper. We all crashed in recliners and on the couch, woke up at 11 and watched movies on DVD until 2am.

This retirement is pure hell!
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73
14 REPLIES 14

aysstephanie
Explorer
Explorer
Love a good camping nap, especially on a rainy afternoon. Just throw on some NapFlix and chill!

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
We had our 7 month old granddaughter during the day for a week. She takes morning & afternoon naps. You can bet we grabbed an afternoon nap too even if it was just 15 minutes !

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
im 50 years old, my wife is 45. we are not retired but enjoy a weekend afternoon 30 minute power nap after doing yard work etc. in this 100 degree north carolina summer heat a nap in the a/c is a great way to recharge. our TT stays parked in our yard connected to shore power so there are times i will turn ac on in the morning, then by mid afternoon i can crawl on the TT couch with tv on and snooze in peace

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
As a toddler I fought Nap Time---afraid I was going to miss something/get left out

In Kindergarten looked forward to Nap Time ---everyone went to their cubbies, got out their blankets and spread out of classroom floor. Kinda like a large slumber party.

Fast forward 60 plus years and I finally get to enjoy that afternoon Nap Time.
Just One of the benefits of retirement.
Sometimes I get TWO in one day!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dks
Explorer
Explorer
We generally will take a nap early afternoon on our driving days. 30 minutes to an hour and then we are ready for the last few kms to our final destination.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Professional Napper here: why can I fall asleep in the blink of an eye at 3PM on the couch; but take forever to fall asleep at 11 PM in bed? LOL!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Naps are always a good way to extend the day. It just takes Retirement to be able to fine tune them.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Naps have been part of my whole life (even in school);
You can set your clock by my naps - every day at 2PM.......

I power nap - only sleep for 10-15 minutes; If I don't get my nap, I drag
for the rest of the day; Even when I'm on a motorcycle trip, I pull over,
rest my head against a tree and fall into a deep sleep (I sometimes don't
even take my helmet off..).
Gerry

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Naps are just us old peoples energy drinks. We just enjoy it better,and it's free.
I hate getting woke up from a nice nap. Why do the cars behind me have to keep honking, I open one eye and the light is turning red again anyhow.:h
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

I have been known to set the cruise control to 60 and take a nap... seams to work out ok so far...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
While driving, I have been known to pull into a rest area and catch 30 winks.
My dog tells me that you should never miss the opportunity to take a nap. He sure is a smart dog.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Naps are a great way to get out of the heat of the day as well.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Hush puppies! YUM!!!!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Was posted in ATC, but a great post more important for 'RV Lifestyle" ๐Ÿ™‚