Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Help finding Roadside assistance & benefit plan for me
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help finding Roadside assistance & benefit plan for me

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have health issues and while I'm doing okay I know that in the back of my wife's mind is what would happen if I took ill while traveling. We travel with Chevy truck and 5th wheel.

I am looking for the best plan that would provide roadside assistance AND have my truck and 5th wheel returned to my home if I am not able to drive due to a medical condition. My wife will not and can not drive while towing the 5th wheel.

We are going to Disney this fall from Pennsylvania and have several trips planned this summer. I want to get something in place so if something were to happen there is a game plan in place and to minimize any worry for her.

Is there anyone that has actually used any programs benefit to return their RV to home? How did it work out and would you recommend them? Why or why not.

I want to make traveling enjoyable and I know that if I address this my wife will feel so much better.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

4aSong

Northwest Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May I suggest Coach Net We have this coverage for when we or a family member is on the road just in case of emergencies.

In addition they offer Assist America at no extra cost which will return your vehicle home should you become unable to drive.
I do have this coverage should an emergency arise but thankfully I have not had a need to use it, it does give me peace of mind. [emoticon]

M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
Lance Model 1985 - The Kramalot Inn
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“My wife will not and can not drive while towing the 5th wheel.”

Then IMO you have the wrong RV. What will she drive?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes coach net has a good plan for you. I to worry about the same thing,what if?also if you ask for a little help on here, if your close to a member they,d help out. if your in the north east ohio area and need a hand let me know.

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, no need to stress it. There are plenty of services to transport one or both your vehicles, and plenty of forums like this with helpful people.

Despite all the ignorance, dangers, and stupidity we hear about in the news and in casual conversations, the vast majority are good, and willing to help in a pinch. We saw a Prius lose all it's battery in Yellowstone, and many stopped to see how they could help the family.

I don't have direct answers like the others, but I suggest you be reasonably prepared, then be relaxed. It's not in our hands anyway.

Da Moose:2001 31' E450. 30k in 3yrs.
PartyOf5: Driver's DW & 3 pre-teens -trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator
May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Join the Family motor coach association , FMCA. A feature that will return you and your RV in the event of your death or becoming incapacitated is included in the membership fees. Check them out for all the details.

Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dpgllg wrote:

I have health issues and while I'm doing okay I know that in the back of my wife's mind is what would happen if I took ill while traveling. We travel with Chevy truck and 5th wheel.

I am looking for the best plan that would provide roadside assistance AND have my truck and 5th wheel returned to my home if I am not able to drive due to a medical condition. My wife will not and can not drive while towing the 5th wheel.

We are going to Disney this fall from Pennsylvania and have several trips planned this summer. I want to get something in place so if something were to happen there is a game plan in place and to minimize any worry for her.

Is there anyone that has actually used any programs benefit to return their RV to home? How did it work out and would you recommend them? Why or why not.

I want to make traveling enjoyable and I know that if I address this my wife will feel so much better.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Dave

Good Sam offers the Travel Assist program in addtion to the GS Road Side Assistance.Went into the hospital while RVing out of state. contacted GS who then contacted thte hospital and Doctors. They were very helpful.they were going to fly me home, send a professional driver to drive my truck and 5th wheel from Ariz. to Calif. Fortunately, I reovered and didn't need the services. Ask GS to send you a brochure to get all the information.

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 02:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As for roadside assistance you will hear a lot of con's but few pros for the Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I have had it for years and years have used it maybe a half dozen times. I have no complaints about it. They like all programs have limitations so just read what is and whats not covered.

I also have GS Travel Assist, I am glad I have not had to use it. It seems well priced, as long as you follow the correct steps. I know at GS Rally's "SkyMed" always has a booth. They may be someone to compare plans with.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 03:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

imgoin4it wrote:

Join the Family motor coach association , FMCA. A feature that will return you and your RV in the event of your death or becoming incapacitated is included in the membership fees. Check them out for all the details.

As well they have roadside assistance available for $74 a year!
The best deal out there..

Touring in our 2010 Suncruiser, beaches, site seeing, national parks, chillaxing..

riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We switched to FMCA last year. I have a medical condition too. You get their medical assist free with membership and their roadside assistance is very reasonable. Have not used any of it luckily.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help finding Roadside assistance & benefit plan for me
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.