Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dont do it go AAA instead
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Dont do it go AAA instead

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
piedra970

garage

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i didn't listen to the reviews. Big mistake! i am currently a member, they will tell you that you can quit any time and get your money back prorated.. 1st big lie, if you use the service you can no longer quit and get your $ back. so why would you want to quit? only if you had a bad experience after you use the service right? well you used it, so your now SOL!

I got a flat still waiting to get reimbursed for my tire only, no balance or replacement.
1. will only replace it if you hit road debris! you must say you hit road debris
2. you must keep the old dirty blown up tire with you until you speak with a third party, insurance company "Soncio" and their customer service is in the negative from me. oh yea Good Sam road service wont tell you to keep the bad tire, this hoping you let the tow truck or shop keep the bad tire. then you get nothing!
3 Soncio will make you take pictures of the bad tire to see the date, you better have brand new tires! So the tow truck report and a sales receipt showing you replaced the tire is not good enough! be ready to to haul that dirty tire in your nice clean rig.

did i mention it took them 2 days to get a tow truck out to me? they negotiate the price if they cant find someone to except their price (what they are willing to pay the tow truck co).then you will need to spend the night in your rig for many nights until they find a tow company to except their price!

dont be a fool like me .. stay away!

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

piedra970 wrote:

dont be a fool like me .. stay away!

Personally, I wouldn't ever consider that kind of "insurance" anyway.....but that is just me.

I had a BAD experience with AAA motorhome service too.
After an hour and a half, they offered to send a service truck from a town almost 100 miles away. I limped it to a nearby truck tire shop.
But that isn't insurance.

I now belong to CoachNet.....but haven't used them yet.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not sure what type of insurance you have. I do not expect my road side assistance insurance to pay for the price of the replacement tire. I expect them to CHANGE the tire, but not pay for the tire.

I know one can purchase road harazard tire insurance when you purchase your tire - but I never have. Note the word ROAD HARAZARD.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TenOC wrote:

I know one can purchase road harazard tire insurance when you purchase your tire - but I never have. Note the word ROAD HARAZARD.

You lost me. What is ROAD HARAZARD?
I'm familiar with Road Hazard insurance for tires. Is it the same thing?

Maryh

Denver, CO

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 12:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Piedra970,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please message me directly with your membership information and I will call you to discuss.

Sincerely,
Mary
Good Sam Roadside

RVman3252

Ohio, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TenOC wrote:

I am not sure what type of insurance you have. I do not expect my road side assistance insurance to pay for the price of the replacement tire. I expect them to CHANGE the tire, but not pay for the tire.

RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/19 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Dont do it go AAA instead
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS