Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Ride Pin Box

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a use "Trailair" pin box. There is no paperwork and I can't
find a chart at manufacturer website.
I am trying to find out the proper amount of air pressure.
My hitch weight is about 2000 lbs.
Thanks SARGE
8 REPLIES 8

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I experimented with mine until I found the best riding inflation point. Mine has the arrows and the inflate to this point sticker still on it. However I have found that I don't need the max pressure. I expect you will find that point to with time. I have a onboard air compressor too.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be aware that there are different airbag sizes for different weights. Pressure to arrow top should be 60# or so. At 2000# pin wt you are on the light side so the stock bag should do it.

Nice choice of pinbox BTW. My current trailer has a 5th Airborne pinbox. Junk compared to the Trailair. Trailair has much more travel. Only bad thing about Trailair is that the bag is exposed to the weather.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
If there is a yellow arrow saying "inflate to this point" you should use that. I have never found air pressure (when the trailer is unattached)to be reliable .

If you do not have such an arrow, I would inflate with the trailer attached (weight on tow vehicle) -- inflate an inch or so from the top of the shock absorber and make a clearly visible paint mark there, then use that mark as your inflation guide.

^^^ That would be real close to where my factory mark is. 70-75 PSI hitched is what I run.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
If there is a yellow arrow saying "inflate to this point" you should use that. I have never found air pressure (when the trailer is unattached)to be reliable .

If you do not have such an arrow, I would inflate with the trailer attached (weight on tow vehicle) -- inflate an inch or so from the top of the shock absorber and make a clearly visible paint mark there, then use that mark as your inflation guide.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I use the arrow on the shock and a pressure gauge. Usually the pressure is around 75-80 psi. BTW if you have the TriGlide model get rid of it. This is the one with the lower plate that shifts fore and aft. It breaks and you can lose your trailer, I almost did. They don't make them any more.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Sargehut234 wrote:
Bought a use "Trailair" pin box. There is no paperwork and I can't
find a chart at manufacturer website.
I am trying to find out the proper amount of air pressure.
My hitch weight is about 2000 lbs.
Thanks SARGE

I generally use about 80lbs. of air pressure or fill until the frame is level with the white line.

04superduty
Explorer
Explorer
on my trailair there is a sticker on the shock with an arrow and a line that shows you where to inflate the air bag to, i hope that makes sense. I dont have the ability to hook up my fifth wheel right now, otherwise i would be able to get you the pressure off the air bag.
04 F350 6.0PSD/TS EC SB
07 Outback Sydney edition