cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pullrite Superglide or Demco Hijacker?

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Back in April we turned to sharp and broke the rear window out of the truck. 2018 Ford F350 Short Bed https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29872183/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

Have since sold the Reese hitch and are looking for an auto-slide hitch. Think we have narrowed it down to Pullrite and Demco.

Pullrite seems to have hitch/unhitching issues, needs separate plate on kingpin, can't tow other 5vr's without plate.

Demco seems to have chucking issues.

What are your recommendations or thoughts? :h
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
34 REPLIES 34

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have never had chucking with my Demco.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
PhilipB wrote:
We've had the Demco for 3 years no issues. We hit the back of cab before we decided to buy it. Luckily just a ding in the cab. I like the auto slide, regardless of what you choose. We do get chucking, but I think that's a road issue. We did install the slipper spring/shock system on our 5er this spring. Big improvement, but still have some chucking.

Did you have the chucking before the Demco auto slider ??

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
With the Demco and Curt, mount a camera in the bed and watch the head pivot fore and aft.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
We've had the Demco for 3 years no issues. We hit the back of cab before we decided to buy it. Luckily just a ding in the cab. I like the auto slide, regardless of what you choose. We do get chucking, but I think that's a road issue. We did install the slipper spring/shock system on our 5er this spring. Big improvement, but still have some chucking.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
If you do not mind manually sliding, B&W now makes a manual slider for the Ford puck system.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/rvk3370-companion.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvN2K2Pq14wIVB7vsCh3CygPwEAQYAyABEgJVB_D_BwE

I have one of their manual sliders and always slide it back at check in and back to tow position after straightening out on the exit road. Never a problem in normal towing going forward. Chris

I just ordered the B&W slider base for my Companion at SD Truck Springs.

CAMike
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the Pullrite SuperGlide for about 15 years now. Can't say enough good things about it. Of course I took it completely apart once to have it powder coated again! It has all of the same parts as original minus the rubber yellow sleeve on the handle and 1 set of Supergilde color adhesive stickers. You can buy an extra plate that you can use on others people trailers is you ever need to move other people rigs. I welded my plate to the pin box just to make it a non issue.
2004 2500 LS Crew Cab Shortbed (LLY-Duramax with OilGuard ByPass Filtration (2 Micron) and Nicktane Cat(2 Micron)for Fuel, 2007 HitchhikerIILS 32.5LKSBG. SuperGlide 16K, Twin Honda EU2000i's

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is heavy...but in the winter it acts like extra weight in the bed...dont need sandbags or anything...win win

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
I did go with the Demco. Got it from eTrailer. Just waiting for Estes Trucking Company to deliver it to the house. Supposed to be tomorrow!
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had my Demco for almost three years now and no issues at all. Both hitches you are looking at seem to be well liked by the owners. What I really like about mine is that when the jaws are closed, it is locked in. No worries about it coming undone or anything.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB

Sent you a private message.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

juzplanekrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't have a problem ponying up for a Superglide again.
I had 2 of them, one in a 2006 Dodge Magacab.
With the new Ford puck system you'll like it. It's not cheap, but worth every penny. I stayed with Pullrite and got there 24K Super 5th in my 2017 F350 DRW.
I like there hitch system. It's a nobrainer.
Best price I saw was PPL at $1500 +/- plus the capture plate
2021 Dodge Ram Longhorn 4x4 Dually
2019 KZ Durango Gold 371
B & W Companion 25K

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB wrote:
Thanx for the info folks!

It sounds like most of the people using auto-sliders prefer the PullRite auto-slider.

Some people have mentioned manual sliders and that they work, "if you get out and use it"!

Well, we didn't have any type of slider and we probably pulled 6000 miles before we had an issue. Now I am gun shy and keep looking back, and keep looking back and keep looking back whenever we turn. You get the idea.

Time to bite the bullet and get an auto-slider for a Ford puck type system. Ka-ching $$$$$! :E

You won't be dissappointed. There customer service is excellent. My older model did not have a castle nut at the pivot point. Called them and one was shipped free. The nylon bolt stop for my capture plate cracked. They sent me 2 at no charge.

I see on their website that they now have model numbers for the various puck systems for each brand.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went with pullrite up front (first hitch, first 5er).

Have been very happy thus far.

No issues hooking up, have not had a problem with off-angle hookups, although admittedly, I probably don't go where no man has gone before....

As far as ability to tow other people's 5er, I suppose that would be an issue with the Pullrite, but I have yet to run into a situation where I needed to pull someone else's rig.

Which kinda begs the question, for those of you who have owned a 5er for a long time, have you ever had to pull someone else's rig for them?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx for the info folks!

It sounds like most of the people using auto-sliders prefer the PullRite auto-slider.

Some people have mentioned manual sliders and that they work, "if you get out and use it"!

Well, we didn't have any type of slider and we probably pulled 6000 miles before we had an issue. Now I am gun shy and keep looking back, and keep looking back and keep looking back whenever we turn. You get the idea.

Time to bite the bullet and get an auto-slider for a Ford puck type system. Ka-ching $$$$$! :E
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS