cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does anyone have suggestions for Omaha, NE RV parks?

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
We're going to be traveling there to see family and are having some trouble finding an open RV park. The midwest had all of that horrible flooding and the few that we looked at were closed. We'd like to try and stay in Omaha area as closely as possible. Is anyone familiar with the area or recently traveled through and know of an RV park? Or any parks city/state or national that were pretty good to stay at?
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the suggestions! We've decided against going at this time. Sounds like it's pretty hot and humid there and relatives are saying with all of the flooding from spring bugs are insane. Maybe try for fall.
Thanks all!

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
We use Haworth in Bellevue when we are in Omaha.
Haworth tends to flood so I would call to see if it is open. Walnut Creek is first come first serve so if you could arrive Sunday or Monday you might have the best chance of getting a spot. I would call ahead to see what their status is. Several years ago when Hayworth was flooded, we stayed at a KOA West of Papillion off I-80.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use Haworth in Bellevue when we are in Omaha.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Like Walnut Creek RV park in Papillion.. havenโ€™t been there in a long time, but beautiful place off the main path.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I know of that state park. It's quite a bit further south than we want to be. Despite being right on the Platte River, it looks like it hasn't suffered from the recent flooding. We're trying to find something in and around Omaha. We might just have to go back to Hitchcock in Iowa as the others closer to where our family is are closed from the spring flooding.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here

Nebraska has many fine parks and State Recreation Areas. Eugene Mahoney S.P. is one and near Omaha.