cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pre wired back up camera

kmkkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I have a used 2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite that came "pre wired with back up camera: The Furrion camera is on the back but there is no switch or any other indication of how to make it work. I can buy a monitor but I don't know how to even power the camera on yet. Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
kmkkmk wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. Its hard to tell what camera it is- will any Furrion monitor work with it? From what I gather, it will get power from my running or backup lights and I just need to buy a monitor and then pair them. Am I missing anything?

They have to be from the same series. The new 7" series will not pair with the cameras from the 4" series
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

kmkkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Its hard to tell what camera it is- will any Furrion monitor work with it? From what I gather, it will get power from my running or backup lights and I just need to buy a monitor and then pair them. Am I missing anything?

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
kmkkmk wrote:
I have a used 2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite that came "pre wired with back up camera: The Furrion camera is on the back but there is no switch or any other indication of how to make it work. I can buy a monitor but I don't know how to even power the camera on yet. Any suggestions?

Youโ€™ll have to pair up the camera with the monitor. There should be instructions with the monitor and there is a connection for the camera on the cigar lighter power plug for the monitor. Youโ€™ll have to get the camera out of the housing on the camper. Mine has 4 small screws.

My camper came pre-wired with a Furrion mount. Powered by the running light circuit and no problem since we travel with headlights always on.

Love the camera. Itโ€™s adjusted to allow good backup view and, with practice, is a great indicator for pulling back to the right lane after passing.
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
The other possibility is they wanted it to function as a reverse only camera and connected it to the reverse pin on the 7 pin connector.

I have mine on the running lights, which I always turn on. That lets it operate as a rear view camera.
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

mine also powers up when the running lights are on...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Those cameras are usually get voltage from the clearance lights....at least that's how it works on my Jayco.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

kmkkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I should add it is a wireless camera.