cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

turn signals

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
My right hand turn signal will only work when the head lights or parking lamps are off.
turn off the lights and it works great.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had that issue on the LEFT side a couple times

FIrst time it was the front left turn signal (not sure if it was the side or front lamp) removed and replaced (Same bulb) and all good

2nd time it only happened when towing.. I Improved the ground connection at the tow connector (Motor home end. don't know why I tried that one first.. and last) and all good.

In all cases the "Bad Ground" is the answer.. Full explanation is more than I care to type today. >Been a long day and 2 more coming.. Only fun thing is I'll grab a free hotdog Wed :).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
zigzagrv wrote:
Good to hear someone other than me, uses their turn signals. I was under the impression they were optional on newer vehicles since so few use them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Quite right, my wife's usual comment is $150,000 for a DP and it doesn't have turn signals, what a shame.

Our Newmar gives you the most irritating beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep when you have a bulb out, and the lights on.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
zigzagrv wrote:
Good to hear someone other than me, uses their turn signals. I was under the impression they were optional on newer vehicles since so few use them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Quite right, my wife's usual comment is $150,000 for a DP and it doesn't have turn signals, what a shame.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
77rollalong wrote:
Check for a bad ground on the turn signal bulbs

Took me all day to figure it out..checked every bulb and socket in the system. most needed cleaning, but it turns out to be a bad bulb in the front right parking light, which doubles as a signal light.
It was on with the parking lights so I didn't notice it was not blinking.

Cleaned the socket, changed the bulb = good to go.

Funny it's always the last one you work on that fixes it. ๐Ÿ™‚

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Actually I'd check the sockets.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
Check for a bad ground on the turn signal bulbs